Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-04-2012, 02:02 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Look for the Nikon SG-3IR accessory...

07-04-2012, 03:48 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
That is one reason why people buy radio triggers even when they have optical trigger built in. They can buy cheap or expensive transmitter/receiver sets and use with manual flash units which are often cheaper, but more powerful. Some downsides for them are the additional cost of buying transmitter and receiver, also they loose the p-ttl function and will need to use either a flash meter or chimp the shot.
07-04-2012, 01:25 PM   #18
Col
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Just a sad comment on my skills I've had a similar exposure problem but then found I hadn't actually selected wireless flash on the mode dial. Once selected its worked fine for me.
07-06-2012, 04:08 AM   #19

QuoteOriginally posted by dlacouture Quote
Look for the Nikon SG-3IR accessory...
I was going to add this too. Nikon permit you to put on a IR filter on the flash so the master / commander can still communicate with the slaves, but in IR only which does not contribute to the photo taken. Not sure if it is a Nikon thing or if all of them work this way. Come to think of it, the sensor on the slave flash is behind a dark red window, so it must be the red end at least.