Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-06-2012, 05:56 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Vivitar 383 strobes on K-5

Hi,
I got my K-5 yesterday and putting through it's paces so I decided to see if I would have a problem with my flash as others have. And I did! Initially after mounting the flash I had put it in trailing curtain and it came out way over exposed. After I reset it to normal and took a shot the flash started to strobe incredibly fast. The only way out was to power the camera off. Also my shutter count started to zoom upwards. Ironically I couldn't hear the shutter move. Now I've read, and seen videos, of problems with 3rd party flashes so I did what others have done, pop out the battery and SD card but none of this worked for me. However, I did mount the flash on my K-7 and it worked without a hitch. I've looked through a lot of threads here but I couldn't find anyone else with this camera and flash combination. So if anyone can knows of someone else with this combination please point it out to me or if anyone has any ideas what could be the problem let me know.

07-07-2012, 01:04 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Perhaps it's receiving too high of voltage from the shoe and it's causing electronics to go quirky? Whatever the case, if it's doing that, I'd cease to do it.