Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-26-2012, 07:39 AM   #46
Loyal Site Supporter
eddie1960's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 12,264
QuoteOriginally posted by dane.dawg Quote
Sorry for making this thread more confusing, but Snake is a d--k...From a thread that i do not want to resurrect ..Quote from Snake[You have the camera, yet ask how it would theoretically work in the application you're supposedly currently using it, rather than trying it out for yourself and answering for yourself. There's nothing more to it than trollbait.] Hey Snake, I think you owe me an apology for calling me a troll.. I have taken alot more wildlife photos then you and you try to tell me I dont know about pentax AF. Do you even own a lens over 300mm, if not you have no idea what you are even talking about when it comes to AF tracking..Your the trollbait..cheers Travis
bugger all to do with this thread, if i was a mod this would be the point this thread got closed, it's gotten miles off topic, and degenerated into members bating one another

07-26-2012, 07:41 AM   #47
Pentaxian
JinDesu's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New York City
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,626
QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
bugger all to do with this thread, if i was a mod this would be the point this thread got closed, it's gotten miles off topic, and degenerated into members bating one another
Well, it was only three members

And I did get the answer i was looking for... it was just bleeping confusing because snake kept on saying that he could change shutter and aperture, even though I kept on asking to clarify if it was Hyper Av/Hyper Sv vs full manual.

Maybe if the mod just remove the 2 pages of arguments
07-26-2012, 07:44 AM   #48
Loyal Site Supporter
eddie1960's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 12,264
QuoteOriginally posted by JinDesu Quote
Well, it was only three members

And I did get the answer i was looking for... it was just bleeping confusing because snake kept on saying that he could change shutter and aperture, even though I kept on asking to clarify if it was Hyper Av/Hyper Sv vs full manual.

Maybe if the mod just remove the 2 pages of arguments
Glad the answer came of course (i didn't ahve a camera with me yesterday to test any of the stuff being spouted so I kept quiet. I never really use any of the hyper modes, it's just TAV, AV, M for 98% of my shots - given how much i use manual lenses it's m (Or AV if shooting a Tak)
07-31-2012, 06:27 AM   #49
New Member




Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 24
And just to re-iterate what has already been said.
I was initially confused about the difference between TaV and Hyper Program as both seemed to allow you to set shutter and aperture. But in Hyper if you set the shutter and then try to set the aperture the shutter will forget what you set and go to auto, and if you then try to set the shutter again the aperture will go to auto.
So hyper is Av or Tv where as TaV is both Av and Tv... sort of



.


07-31-2012, 06:33 AM   #50
Pentaxian
JinDesu's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New York City
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,626
QuoteOriginally posted by stevedh Quote
And just to re-iterate what has already been said.
I was initially confused about the difference between TaV and Hyper Program as both seemed to allow you to set shutter and aperture. But in Hyper if you set the shutter and then try to set the aperture the shutter will forget what you set and go to auto, and if you then try to set the shutter again the aperture will go to auto.
So hyper is Av or Tv where as TaV is both Av and Tv... sort of
Tav is Manual with Auto-ISO. That's pretty much it.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, dslr, iso, k-5, k-5 ii, k-5 iis, k5, pentax k-5, tav
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
K-01 TAv mode Na Horuk Pentax K-01 23 03-09-2013 08:33 PM
TAV workaround devorama Pentax Q 5 03-08-2012 12:55 PM
TAv Mode L33tGreg Pentax DSLR Discussion 4 07-21-2011 01:20 PM
Using the TAv mode with the K7 ... question. jpzk Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 10 11-22-2010 07:10 PM
TAv mode Howard2k Pentax DSLR Discussion 17 09-23-2010 01:30 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:56 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top