Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-26-2012, 08:48 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I assume you mean the red box. I am not aware of any way to keep it on to indicate focus. Really, the hexagon turns green and stays on to confirm focus, even when the red box blinks the second time when focus occurs initially. I think that is because the red box is to indicate the focus point only, and if it were to stay on when focus is achieved it would remain in the visual field and may be somewhat of a nuisance. The hexagon is not in the "picture" but rather in the status bar at the bottom of the viewfinder, and therefore not so visually distracting. I'm only surmising that is the purpose of the setup.

07-27-2012, 05:28 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
All beeps turned of they are louder than the shutter in a low noise environment like a wedding.
07-28-2012, 09:24 PM   #18

QuoteOriginally posted by Rense Quote
Turned of the beep of the camera long, long time ago... Have enough beeps in my head to make life complicated without the camera beep....

So, another vote for turning it off!
You better see a doctor to talk about those beeps in your head, it might be the sign of something worse on the way ;p.