Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-01-2012, 08:22 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Kudo's to Pentax Canada

As some of you may know, I had the Len Release button fall off my K5 (for the second time in just over a year). I had asked if they could ship the part and they refused. I sent the camera in via McBain Camera (where I purchased it), but I also had some contact with Pentax Canada via phone calls and Email.

The camera was sent to Pentax Canada on a Friday 20th July 2012 (from Alberta to Ontario)- it was received on Tuersday the 24th July and was sent back to Alberta on Friday 27th July. It was here yesterday but I just picked it up today. All is good.

I had Pentax Canada ask for my serial number and they said they would try their best to expidite the repair and they certainly held up their end of that bargain. I was without my camera for about a week and half - more than a respectable turnaround considering most of that was in transit time.

So props where props are due.

Last edited by daacon; 08-01-2012 at 08:27 PM.
08-01-2012, 08:55 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good news!
08-02-2012, 05:19 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
the only thing that bugs me about pentax canada is their new location, they used to be 5 minutes away, now they are 25

when i took my K10 in for a shutter replacement they had the camera for 10 days (spanning 2 weekends and a national holiday)

they have always provided good service when needed
08-02-2012, 06:01 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've had very good luck with Pentax Canada (last 2 times i was getting +3 diopters for my cameras from parts they aren't retail. )
When Docwrm had trouble getting one from Pentax USA I gave him their info, they got at Pentax US and they contacted him and sent it for free for the inconvenience i believe. So they are useful even if you don't live here

08-02-2012, 09:33 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I have also been impressed with Pentax Canada having dealt with them twice - once to replace my original K5 with the stains for a new one, and on another lens repair. Very quick turnarounds and good service. Helps they are less than an hours drive from me too!!