Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-03-2012, 12:20 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
"One-push" setting of shake reduction.....

I've just spent about 15 minutes with the manual - and I haven't come up with anything, so I thought I'd see if anyone here has run across this.

Is there a way to make turning on/off the Shake Reduction function a "one-push" kind of process? I'd like to assign that function to a button or dial so that I don't have to dig through the menu for it when I'm switching back and forth between long and short lenses, but I can't find anything in the manual about setting that up.

Thanks in advance for any help.....

Tim

08-03-2012, 12:28 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by UpNorth Quote
I've just spent about 15 minutes with the manual - and I haven't come up with anything, so I thought I'd see if anyone here has run across this.

Is there a way to make turning on/off the Shake Reduction function a "one-push" kind of process? I'd like to assign that function to a button or dial so that I don't have to dig through the menu for it when I'm switching back and forth between long and short lenses, but I can't find anything in the manual about setting that up.

Thanks in advance for any help.....

Tim
Could always set the bracketing mode to Wireless Remote - it's three pushes or so (just go into bracketing menu). It automatically turns off SR and you can still fire it from the shutter as normal.
08-03-2012, 12:58 PM   #3

I know it's not one-push, so not quite what you are after.... But for me the quickest way for a few settings is via the settings screen that can be accessed through the "Info" button. SR can be controlled from here.

I just checked, and can toggle SR in two moves that way....
08-03-2012, 01:21 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JinDesu Quote
Could always set the bracketing mode to Wireless Remote - it's three pushes or so (just go into bracketing menu). It automatically turns off SR and you can still fire it from the shutter as normal.
Makes sense - Thanks Jin.....

08-03-2012, 01:22 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jcb1973 Quote
I know it's not one-push, so not quite what you are after.... But for me the quickest way for a few settings is via the settings screen that can be accessed through the "Info" button. SR can be controlled from here.

I just checked, and can toggle SR in two moves that way....

I'll give it a shot tonight and see. Thaks jcb!
08-03-2012, 10:20 PM   #6
Pentaxian

I use the info button regularly. Quick and easy. I also have user modes set up with among other things, SR off or on depending on the mode.
08-04-2012, 02:16 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Ditto on the Info button. Eliminates the need to go into a menu.