Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-04-2012, 07:07 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
You have been here hanging around for couple years, try a search for "dust on the sensor" or "sensor stains".
ha..yeah..but first time encounter this issue...
maybe the easiest way is just let local repair store handle it??

08-04-2012, 07:10 PM   #17
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by liukaitc Quote
ha..yeah..but first time encounter this issue...
maybe the easiest way is just let local repair store handle it??
It does look ugly, by all means, a local shop should be considered.

Cheers. Mike.
08-04-2012, 07:11 PM   #18
Site Supporter

What lens did you have on your K-5 when you decided to give it a shower? You don't have a WR lens listed in your signature as far as I can tell. Did you dry the front lens element with lens tissues or air dry? How about the rest of the camera? did you dry it with the lens still attached?
08-04-2012, 07:18 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I had da*16-50 on it when gave it a shower

08-04-2012, 07:19 PM   #20
Pentaxian

Original Poster
OMG this is the result of dust alert.......

Last edited by liukaitc; 06-02-2013 at 12:04 PM.
08-04-2012, 07:20 PM   #21
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
He has two DA* lenses in his profile which are weather sealed..
08-04-2012, 07:27 PM   #22
Site Supporter

Dust is the most likely candidate here. I get it, but not as bad. Use a blower first and the Giottos is a good one. I wet clean my own camera sensors and use the Green Clean brand. Read a few reviews and it came up okay. Follow the directions and their web site has a good how too video, which I go back too from time to time to review to keep it in my head doing it right.

With that many spots you may have to do a couple of cleans, don't go over board, follow the directions and if it doesn't work get a professional to have a look.

It was described to me this way. In the days of film every time we took a photograph we moved a pristine new sensor behind the lens. The sensor was only ever exposed during a lens change once as we took the photo and wound a brand new sensor behind the lens. With digital every time you change a lens dust gets in, none of us have a clean room to do this and often it is done in the field. The sensor in a digital camera is there for the life of the camera, no new film behind the lens, it gets dirty. this is a down side to digital photography.
08-04-2012, 07:32 PM   #23
Site Supporter

My experience with the dust-alert has been a hit and miss. This is what I useAmazon.com: Delkin Devices DDSS-SCOPE2 Complete Digital SLR SensorScope Cleaning System: Camera & Photo

08-04-2012, 08:09 PM   #24
Veteran Member

I had a similar problem- I tried to clean my camera's sensor with an oily blower brush (of course, I didn't know the brush was dirty- I had two that looked exactly the same and accidentally picked up the wrong one).
My pictures looked very similar to yours - used a Rocket Blower to remove any traces of dust and dirt and then Eclipse sensor cleaning wipes to finish off the job.

Hope that is your problem and nothing more severe. Good luck!
08-04-2012, 08:13 PM   #25
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by liukaitc Quote
I took a shower for my k-5.....
u know rinse it...
I doubt that will give you water spots, unless you took the lens off before it was completely dry.
08-04-2012, 11:08 PM   #26
Zav
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by LeDave Quote
Yeah there are some Leica users who use it too. I believe this is the Pentax similar version of a kit that even professional cleaners from Canon and Nikon use to clean cameras in their facility. It appears only Pentax is the one that sells their own kit out to regular DSLR users.
And even the Leica factory uses a similar tool.
It looks like a very bad case of dust. But I wonder if it can be something like mold on the sensor. It happened to a friend of mind who lives in a very humid place.
08-04-2012, 11:21 PM   #27
Site Supporter

I had similar Watermark spots appearing on my images when stopping down to F8 and above, the spots became more accentuated by stopping down further . My Dust detection on camera didn't indicate any dust on sensor , It was sent away to CR kennedys for a Sensor clean. but in conjunction to the watermark like spots I also had dead pixels on my images and the Pixel mapping on camera again did not address this . It has now been sent away again for the 2nd time to have the AF system checked after the sensor was cleaned.
08-05-2012, 03:18 AM   #28
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I just bought a sensor cleaning kit at amazon
hope that will work out
08-05-2012, 04:02 AM   #29
Pentaxian

Get it cleaned somewhere I would say.
08-05-2012, 05:41 AM   #30
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dane.dawg Quote
He has two DA* lenses in his profile which are weather sealed..
Thanks. I wasn't sure the * lenses were sealed or not.. The picture posted does look like dust.