Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-05-2012, 05:00 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Bulb mode acting strange

I was taking pics with using Bulb mode with cablesutterrelease today and experienced strainge thing that i have not noticed before. After taking pic my K5 always calculating break from using camera exactly same time that my latest exposure time was like if i take 60 sec exposure there is extra 60sec to wait before can do anything...and secs are counting in upper lcd

It is little hot here, maybe this is feature that K5 try to protect sensor for overheating...

08-05-2012, 05:10 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This will always happen whenever you have the "slow shutter speed noise reduction" setting enabled. Disable it and there will be no wait, though you may end up seeing more noise on your photos.
08-05-2012, 05:18 AM   #3

Original Poster
Ok this happends cos i did activated noise reduction. I wonder what K5 is doing so long time...
08-05-2012, 06:10 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Sorry if I hang to this thread, but I need help for Bulb Mode: How do you count the necessary time for the exposure? I mean with a clock? Or is there a setting to show a timer on the display (upper or LCD)?
Thank you!

08-05-2012, 06:47 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Clock, stopwatch, app on a smartphone or the old fashioned 'one one thousand, two one thousand, three one thousand.....' or whatever chant works for you and is accurate enough.

With bulb mode, you're going right back to the beginnings of photography. I love how modern cameras still use the term 'bulb'. Nice that some things never change.

Actually, having a counter on the top or back LCD would be a nice feature as long as you could turn it off or on as required.
08-05-2012, 07:22 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by 123jippo Quote
Ok this happends cos i did activated noise reduction. I wonder what K5 is doing so long time...
Dark frame subtraction.

Dark-frame subtraction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
08-05-2012, 07:30 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mtansley Quote
Clock, stopwatch, app on a smartphone or the old fashioned 'one one thousand, two one thousand, three one thousand.....' or whatever chant works for you and is accurate enough.

With bulb mode, you're going right back to the beginnings of photography. I love how modern cameras still use the term 'bulb'. Nice that some things never change.

Actually, having a counter on the top or back LCD would be a nice feature as long as you could turn it off or on as required.
Thank you!!
Yes, it would be nice and easier, but waiting for it, I will use my trusty watch

08-05-2012, 09:21 AM   #8
Veteran Member

The longer the exposure the least accurate you can be.
08-06-2012, 02:55 AM   #9

Original Poster
i use timer on my mobile, i just set time i want and then after that my mobile will alarm