Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-17-2012, 10:44 PM   #1

Phottix Odin TTL flash triggers...

Hi everyone,
Very soon i'll be receiving a set of these Phottix Odin TTL flash triggers for use with my K5, manual speedlights and an einstein studio strobe. Although they're advertised as TTL flash triggers for Canon/Nikon, these auto modes are of no concern to me as I adjust lights manually etc.
So basically my question is will these triggers work just as plain vanilla dumb triggers? And before anyone says don't buy this or don't buy that, I haven't bought anything but i'll be receiving them very shortly and hoping these replace my cheaper Cactus V4's.

Thanks again,

Bill Gekas

10-11-2012, 12:20 AM   #2
Forum Member

Did they work as vanilla dumb triggers?
10-11-2012, 12:38 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Ive use them on my D700 and they are awesome
I love the ability to shoot my flash's in manual mode at any shutter speed (yes manual in HSS! and have full control over every light from the unit on camera!no more walking around to change settings!)
Bad news, no they wont work on Pentax, they need Nikon or Canon TTL to work

Get cactus V5's instead if you want to shoot with Pentax.

Last edited by TOUGEFC; 10-11-2012 at 12:46 AM.
10-11-2012, 12:50 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mannyquinto Quote
Did they work as vanilla dumb triggers?
Doesn't sound like it - Bill's strobist notes still list Cactus v4's:

Flickr: billgfoto's Photostream

10-11-2012, 01:39 AM   #5
Forum Member

Thanks. I guess I'll buy cactus V5 duo next month when I go to Hong Kong then.
10-13-2012, 11:44 PM   #6
Forum Member

Just found out yesterday from our Pentax Philippines EB(Eye Ball - meeting) that a version of Phottix Odin will be available for Pentax. This will be available before the end of the year according to a Phottix Flash Master representative that gave some product demo (no Pentax pre-production version yet).

Last edited by mannyquinto; 10-13-2012 at 11:50 PM.
12-05-2012, 06:02 AM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mannyquinto Quote
Just found out yesterday from our Pentax Philippines EB(Eye Ball - meeting) that a version of Phottix Odin will be available for Pentax. This will be available before the end of the year according to a Phottix Flash Master representative that gave some product demo (no Pentax pre-production version yet).
Any update on this?

There is not much year left.