Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
09-08-2012, 09:25 AM   #46
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by harleynitelite Quote
Noise reduction was on auto in camera. Prodigital 2000 requested samples emailed to them with the return and agreed something was not right. The nikon crop is at 100% as well. There were many shots where the focus just seemed to hang, like if I had put something in front of it say 10 feet away, focused on it, then removed the subject and took the picture resulting in everything being out of focus. The only time it really worked well was when I was zoomed in at least 80 mm. Pretty certain it was a bad lens, but being it was a kit I had to return everything. It made me feel better though they mentioned out of say 1,000 kits sold, only around 10 were returned with this problem as I described.
That is interesting in that it is apparently a known problem. One has to wonder what other known problems are out there, and how they range across possibly other lens models. 1% is not bad, but I do wish that Pentax would tighten up their Quality Control. Its a fine line to test every item to death thus making it very expensive, to letting problems go out the door. What their tolerance is, is the question.

09-08-2012, 10:10 AM   #47

I chose the K5 over the K30 because of the build quality, top LCD, and especially, the quiet shutter. The improved focusing, live view, and movie mode wasn't that important to me and I feel that picture quality will be similar. Love the K5.
09-08-2012, 10:29 AM   #48

QuoteOriginally posted by safc Quote
iv got the k-r am still learning but I would like a upgrade I was thinking the k-30 or the k-5 what's the best out of the 2 thanks in advance
I chose the K5 over the K30 because of the build quality, top LCD, and especially, the quiet shutter. The improved focusing, live view, and movie mode wasn't that important to me and I feel that picture quality will be similar. Love the K5.

Sorry for the double post.
09-08-2012, 11:12 AM   #49
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lenic Quote
cheers for the info I was thinking the k5 would. Be best for me aswell cheers once again for your info

09-08-2012, 12:55 PM   #50

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thanks for chiming in lenic, I feel the same way. I see you are a new member and would love to see some pics from your new k5 if you could throw some up.