Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-25-2012, 06:35 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Could have been the AF not latching to the point where you focused.

09-25-2012, 10:54 AM   #17
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by cnielsen Quote
My k-5 had a similar episode a couple of days ago. After taking 150 shots, it just stopped. I could hear the aperture setting, but no shutter. Battery read full. I tried a variety of things - different exposure modes, turning off flash, manual focus, etc, but nothing worked. Back at home 20 mins later, it seemed to have recovered & worked fine.

Whatever came of your issue? Did you send it for service? I have a couple of weeks left on my warranty, so I'm looking to get this figured out ASAP...

Thanks,
Christine
Well, I can gladly report that I have not had an issue since. Right after I first had the issue the first time, I replicated the problem by turning Liveview on and off about 100 times, and then all the sudden it went black and was not working. I took the lens off and the mirror was stuck up, so I gently tapped (banged) on the side of the camera with the palm of my hand and the mirror came down. So the problem was that the mirror was sticking either up or down, but I blew it out with my Rocket blower and since then have not had a problem.

By the way, I just shot a wedding this past weekend and took hundreds of pictures and did not have it hiccup once!
09-25-2012, 11:05 AM   #18
Pentaxian

i have the same problem, last week twice and a month ago it happened for the first time. Before that something similar happened but shutting the camera off and/or removing the battery helped, but not this time. I couldn't use the camera for at least 30 minutes. After that it worked again. An other (dutch) forum member has the same problems. I send the camera in today for repair. I'm sick and tired of Pentax QC, i'm on my second K5 and before that it took them 8 months to change a broken da*300 under warranty.
12-31-2012, 02:06 AM   #19

I just had the same problem. Could not actuate the shutter, and the message "battery depleted".

After looking at this thread I opened the SD card door, extracted the card, put it back again, closed the door, and problem fixed.

01-01-2013, 12:24 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by fcrespo Quote
I just had the same problem. Could not actuate the shutter, and the message "battery depleted".

After looking at this thread I opened the SD card door, extracted the card, put it back again, closed the door, and problem fixed.
What may prove to be preventative maintenance would be using a soft pencil eraser on the contacts of your SD Card on a frequent basis, only takes a second and holds problems at bay!