Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-08-2012, 06:17 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Well, it broke

Well, as I posted in the S-type screen thread, as of last week my manual focus was suddenly off with the shim I've been using for months with it spot on. Then I noticed AF is also off -- I've never needed adjustment before. It is like the sensor moved or something.

Then just now flash stopped working altogether, and it was working ok a few hours ago. Won't fire at all. Screen indicates flash is up, but it doesn't fire nor does it set the shutter speed as if it were going to. The camera will not autofocus when the flash is up. Switched batteries, did a factory reset, formatted card -- nothing doing. Something shorted out or lost connection somewhere. I wonder if the focus problems and the flash are related?

Anyway, gotta send it in for warranty repair. Hello, K10D, nice to see you again...

09-08-2012, 07:28 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by vonBaloney Quote
Well, as I posted in the S-type screen thread, as of last week my manual focus was suddenly off with the shim I've been using for months with it spot on. Then I noticed AF is also off -- I've never needed adjustment before. It is like the sensor moved or something.

Then just now flash stopped working altogether, and it was working ok a few hours ago. Won't fire at all. Screen indicates flash is up, but it doesn't fire nor does it set the shutter speed as if it were going to. The camera will not autofocus when the flash is up. Switched batteries, did a factory reset, formatted card -- nothing doing. Something shorted out or lost connection somewhere. I wonder if the focus problems and the flash are related?

Anyway, gotta send it in for warranty repair. Hello, K10D, nice to see you again...
I know the feeling of a broken K5 too ! Sorry to see that yours is gone to the repair shop.

I keep wondering what in the world has been happening when they built those K5's. Mine has gone away twice: for a mirror flop problem and a "battery depleted" issue within 8 weeks recently.
Then, just now , I read this: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-k-5/198291-diopter-eye-piece-gone-help.html
on top of several ongoing weird QC issues.
Seems that ecach day brings a new "finding" !

Would be interesting to write up a list of all of those annoyances!

Cheers.

JP