Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-01-2012, 10:36 PM   #76
Pentaxian

Well, yes. The very silent shutter is tempting me too, that and the LCD on top. I'm still torn, if the K-5 II had the Prime M and what comes with it, it would have been a no brainer. But as it is now... I want at least some proper options in terms of recording video, as in frame rates and codecs.

11-02-2012, 03:40 PM   #77
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kadajawi Quote
Well, yes. The very silent shutter is tempting me too, that and the LCD on top. I'm still torn, if the K-5 II had the Prime M and what comes with it, it would have been a no brainer. But as it is now... I want at least some proper options in terms of recording video, as in frame rates and codecs.
With the Prime-M you most likely won't have 14bit RAW files and less RAW performance so in terms of photography it's good the K5 mkII doesn't have the Prime-M.

If you want a good camera for filming there are a lot of good options specially designed for that and they are getting cheaper.
Black magic camera for example cost $3000, has 12 stops of dynamic range, shoots in RAW and comes with a professional editing program worth $1000, what more do you want?
11-02-2012, 09:43 PM - 1 Like   #78
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Anvh Quote
Black magic camera for example cost $3000, has 12 stops of dynamic range, shoots in RAW and comes with a professional editing program worth $1000, what more do you want?
Anvh if Pentax wasn't such a bunch of lamers they would give us that for ~$750.00 ... and many would bitch like hell.

With very few exceptions here is what I have observed;
The drama queens who make the most noise about how bad Pentax is never post images. I guess they are trophy boys not photographers. <shrugs>
11-03-2012, 03:11 AM   #79
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by riff Quote
The drama queens who make the most noise about how bad Pentax is never post images. I guess they are trophy boys not photographers. <shrugs>
Hear, hear!

"trophy boys"? What a find!

11-12-2012, 10:04 AM   #80
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by riff Quote
Anvh if Pentax wasn't such a bunch of lamers they would give us that for ~$750.00 ... and many would bitch like hell.

With very few exceptions here is what I have observed;
Obviously...duh!

Once Pentax fixes their cameras I would then be able to take pictures I am proud to show off! :P

Just kidding. Though feel free to look at my posts for my images .