Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-11-2012, 09:21 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lytrytyr Quote
But once you've acquired a good set of lenses,
it's the cameras that are the ongoing purchases,
once every two or four years (one or two model upgrades).

So this pricing model can be seen as a reward
to loyal, long-term customers.
Long term customers tend to buy and sell lenses, so not so much.

09-11-2012, 04:14 PM   #17
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by bobmaxja Quote
These price are very acceptable about $300 less than when the k-5 was introduce.
The K-5 was launched at $1749, so it's about $550 less. I agree that the price itself is not bad, but for current Pentax users, is it worth $320 more than the old K-5 with its single (and potentially meaningless) improvement? IMO, it isn't, and we had better sit tight and await the real K-5 successor.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-11-2012, 04:46 PM   #18
Riv

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The K-5 was launched at $1749, so it's about $550 less. I agree that the price itself is not bad, but for current Pentax users, is it worth $320 more than the old K-5 with its single (and potentially meaningless) improvement? IMO, it isn't, and we had better sit tight and await the real K-5 successor.

Oh come on now, your forgeting the tempered glass air gap less LED monitor

I hoping there's actually more that may not be found until a review is completed. Most places I read are saying the 'biggest' improvement, not so much the only improvement. It's early to tell by listed spec's, clearly they can't be correct yet. B&H is saying it has on-board NEF raw processing...

Last edited by Riv; 09-11-2012 at 04:53 PM.
09-11-2012, 05:22 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Adam,
I look forward to your impressions following your time at Photokina. Will you have an opportunity to ask specific, and perhaps probing, questions of the Pentax crew?

09-11-2012, 06:10 PM   #20
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Adam, I look forward to your impressions following your time at Photokina. Will you have an opportunity to ask specific, and perhaps probing, questions of the Pentax crew?
I hope to conduct an interview, will keep you guys posted

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-11-2012, 06:17 PM   #21
Veteran Member

I hope to conduct an interview, will keep you guys posted
Thanks. I'd love to know more about the 18-270. Like is it made in Pentax factory, does it have SDM or Tamron's technology, etc. I doubt they'd be forthcoming about any of that but it couldn't hurt to mention it.
09-13-2012, 05:51 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
SRS have the K-5II at £799 and the K-5IIs at £949 body only

That's £110 more than the K-5II.

Decent prices really for the II although I think the IIs is probably a bit expensive. If I was in the market for the K-5 would I go for the II at that price....maybe.... but AF performance would really need to be a solid improvement.