Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-11-2012, 05:24 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
What is Anti-Aliasing and how will it effect my photos?

I have tried to understand what aliasing is but I really don't understand what it is and how in practice it will effect the photos I take.

The Pentax II cameras offer either a camera with aliasing and one that uses an anti-aliasing filter design. I see that aliasing has to do with a matrix or grid that can block the image, but it apparently does not happen very often. The "s" model apparently allows this matrix to appear in exchange for sharper images.

For dummies like me, will someone please explain what this is all about and practically how will it effect my photos.

Thanks.

09-11-2012, 05:33 AM   #2
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Several threads already. Here's one: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-k-5/198506-k-5-iis-same-mark-2-but...ilter-why.html
Closed Thread

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
anti-aliasing, camera, dslr, effect, k-5, k-5 ii, k-5 iis, k5, matrix, pentax k-5, photos