Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-11-2012, 07:41 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Sticking with my new k5 & lovin it

I'm usually the type that has to have the latest and greatest of everything. I'm not rich but save for that awesome top of the line 65 inch 3d panasonic Kuro quality tv, srround sound system with 2 polk audio 12 inch subs, yamaha 7.2 reciever with all the goodies, Jamo tower speakers and enough power to shake the pictures off the walls (no kidding my wife dispises it all), and I feel like the new k5 I just got today is no different and has the balls still yet at an unbelievable price right now, ESPECIALLY when compared to the competition.

Is the af in the k5 that bad b/c I've seen some unbelieveable stuff on here for a camera that cant focus and while I admit the k5II improved af is interesting, I feel with the bargain I got on a camera like the k5 I'm doing well.

I was able to handle the k30 in comparison and while it was nice, to me the k5 just seemed to have the balls so to speak I had been looking for.

To those out there that were on the fence between the k5 and k30, will you wait for the k5mII or jump on a good deal for the k5 like I did?

The way I look at it, I can ALWAYS buy another k30, or K5mII down the road, but will never have the chance again to buy an original K5 at this price.

09-12-2012, 05:40 AM   #2

Buy K5 now before it is sold out

Hi all,

After Pentax's announcement of k-5II and k-5 IIs, I decided to buy the Pentax k5 for about Aud$900 body. In my opinion it's not worth paying more for the K5II or the K5IIs as I don't think there will be much different difference between 3 of them when you compare the price.
09-12-2012, 10:29 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by harleynitelite Quote
I'm usually the type that has to have the latest and greatest of everything.
I, on the other hand, have always waited a couple of years, read reviews, and then purchased most of my tech items used, but in excellent condition.
My used, two year old, K10 brought back the thrill of photography, but a brand new K-5 lured me in, and I'm so glad that it did!

The new stuff being released just makes me yawn, well the price of that telescope did make my jaw drop.
As a hobbyist, I'm still very happy with my current body and glass, and don't see this changing anytime soon.
09-17-2012, 10:49 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I got a used K5 with a years warranty... Thrilled!!