Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-19-2012, 11:48 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dmeadows85 Quote
I have used BuyDig twice before with no issues at all, and just ordered a K-5 from them today for $815 shipped (found a $25 coupon code online). I will know in 4-7 business days if my continued trust in them is warranted!
Good luck. I have had good experiences with them but the last item I tried to buy was on one of their weird 14% rebate days and they took the order, never charged my card, never sent the item, and even though I had a sales confirmation claimed that it had never happened

10-01-2012, 01:24 PM   #17
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Good luck. I have had good experiences with them but the last item I tried to buy was on one of their weird 14% rebate days and they took the order, never charged my card, never sent the item, and even though I had a sales confirmation claimed that it had never happened
For what it's worth, everything worked out seamlessly and I am the happy new owner of a K-5 Sorry you had a bad experience!
10-01-2012, 01:39 PM   #18

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
I followed dmeadows85 lead and place my order with Buydig for the K-5. Using an online rebate it cost me $815.00. According to Fed-x the camera is in transit with an ETA of Oct 3rd. The transaction was very simple, 100% done online and never received a single 'upgrade phone call'. The final dettermination of how well this transaction went will be when I receive the camera. I will of course post my findings shortly there after.
10-01-2012, 01:54 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dmeadows85 Quote
For what it's worth, everything worked out seamlessly and I am the happy new owner of a K-5 Sorry you had a bad experience!
Congratulations. Glad it worked out for you. It was one of the oddest online "purchase" non-experiences that I have ever had. Glad you have a nice new K-5

10-04-2012, 05:32 PM   #20

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Got my new K-5

Here is an update for anyone interested. I received my K-5 today which I purchasedfrom Buydig.com and I’m pleased to report that the camera arrived exactly ontime and was in perfect condition with all factory items in the box asadvertised. After checking the serialnumber I was pleased to find that it was not a grey market camera but a U.S.model as expected. I purchased thecamera entirely online and never heard from Buydig other than for the shippingand tracking emails. I purchased thecamera on the 28th of Sept and received it yesterday, Oct 4thas promised with only the standard free shipping offered. The only ‘con’ to the whole transaction isthat the camera could have been packed a little better with a little moreinsulation but otherwise it arrived intact and 100% O.K. Cost for the camera after using an onlinediscount coupon was $815.00 for the body alone. For the record I would recommend them and purchase from the again.
10-04-2012, 06:05 PM   #21
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Moved to the K-5 forum.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-25-2013, 09:08 AM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BobbyA Quote
I currently own a K-x and its time to upgrade to a K-5. With the announcement of the K-5II I noticed the K-5’s have come down a bit and perhaps the time is right.
I have noticed some great prices at the following places:
$799 at BPPhoto
$739 at Daxmart
$839 at Buydig
All seem too good to be true and all have their fair share of bad reviews.
1. Has anyone here had any experience with these guys?
2. Can anyone recommend a place to get a good deal on a K-5 right now?
3. With the announcement of the K-5II, what is the opinion of the forum whether the prices on the K-5 will drop further or should I buy now while they are available?
Thanks
I have just bought a K-5 for $720, incl 16GB memory card, extra battery and a bag from Adorama. Basic price for body alone is $699.

07-23-2013, 06:25 PM   #23
Inactive Account

$940 at z.cn(Amazon China)