Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
10-23-2012, 06:32 AM   #61

Adorama told me the same thing on my order. I ordered the the k5ii 18-135 kit. The wait is killing me.

10-23-2012, 07:15 AM   #62
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Woooooo.. hoooooooo
10-23-2012, 07:19 AM - 1 Like   #63

lynx426

I live in Japan and the K-5II released on Oct.19 th here. I pre-ordered it and got mine on the 22nd. Weather has been awful so no chance to really run it through the paces yet. I was using a Pentax DA-100 macro WR to check out the difference in focus locking. The K-5II is definitely faster in low light than my K-5 is with that lens. They are having trouble filling orders here also. It's a 5-7 day wait here which is almost unheard of here. So it could take a while in the states.
10-23-2012, 11:31 AM   #64
Veteran Member

Mine is on order at Adorama.

I just called them and they said they expected to receive their shipment "at the end of the month"..............looks like another couple of weeks of waiting...

10-24-2012, 12:39 AM   #65

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by GDRoth Quote
Mine is on order at Adorama.

I just called them and they said they expected to receive their shipment "at the end of the month"..............looks like another couple of weeks of waiting...
ships travel slower to save fuel. Count on 3-4 weeks delay from the expected date (15 Oct).
If the k5 IIs are produced in Cebu, Philippines, then it makes sense they are first available in Japan, then Europe and then the USA.

PS: These are not facts, just my theory
10-24-2012, 06:32 AM   #66

B&H Updated their website to reflect expected availability Oct 29th.

Pentax K-5 II Digital SLR Camera 12016 B&H Photo Video
10-24-2012, 04:07 PM   #67

Shows in stock now!

10-24-2012, 04:43 PM   #68

I just got shipping confirmation and tracking# for my K-5 IIs from B&H! I should receive it on Friday the 26th.
10-24-2012, 06:59 PM   #69
Inactive Account

Picked up my K5II/s from Mogil's on the Mountain here in Steamboat Springs, Colorado.
Jay (Owner) let me borrow a DA 21 mm to play with today (I purchased camera without lens).
This is my first Pentax, did a bunch of research on the K5 and elected to wait for this revision.
I've only had it a few hours and I am in love. I have been shooting Canon for over 20 years and Nikon before that.
Can't comment on Nikon as I got out before the digitals came out, but I love this camera compared to my 7D.
Focus is extremely fast and accurate, especially in low light.
I am reviewing pirctures taken today comparing to similar pictures taken with 7D.
While the noise of the DA21 autofocus is something I will have to get used to, it is very accurate and definetly fast.
I like the weight and feel of this camera, I was getting tired of the huge Canon systems but could not find anything to match the quality.
I am looking forward to building a positive relationship with this camera, if so I will have plenty of Canon equipment up on eBay soon!!
10-24-2012, 10:44 PM   #70
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by glennbp Quote
I just got shipping confirmation and tracking# for my K-5 IIs from B&H! I should receive it on Friday the 26th.
ii or iis?

I pre-ordered a iis on yesterday so I was just wondering if maybe I'm in the 2nd batch... Thanks!
10-25-2012, 12:29 AM   #71

QuoteOriginally posted by guidoc Quote
Picked up my K5II/s from Mogil's on the Mountain here in Steamboat Springs, Colorado.
Jay (Owner) let me borrow a DA 21 mm to play with today (I purchased camera without lens).
This is my first Pentax, did a bunch of research on the K5 and elected to wait for this revision.
I've only had it a few hours and I am in love. I have been shooting Canon for over 20 years and Nikon before that.
Can't comment on Nikon as I got out before the digitals came out, but I love this camera compared to my 7D.
Focus is extremely fast and accurate, especially in low light.
I am reviewing pirctures taken today comparing to similar pictures taken with 7D.
While the noise of the DA21 autofocus is something I will have to get used to, it is very accurate and definetly fast.
I like the weight and feel of this camera, I was getting tired of the huge Canon systems but could not find anything to match the quality.
I am looking forward to building a positive relationship with this camera, if so I will have plenty of Canon equipment up on eBay soon!!

that's good news...enjoy your IIs
10-25-2012, 05:27 AM   #72
Veteran Member

I always assumed B&H and Adorama were almost equal in size and service........I've ordered from both over the last few years, but mostly from Adorama. Now I'm jealous of the folks who pre-ordered from B&H..............I guess I'll remain patient for a few days.
10-25-2012, 06:19 AM   #73

QuoteOriginally posted by GDRoth Quote
I always assumed B&H and Adorama were almost equal in size and service........I've ordered from both over the last few years, but mostly from Adorama. Now I'm jealous of the folks who pre-ordered from B&H..............I guess I'll remain patient for a few days.
My patience is wearing thin. If B&H gets the K5II 18-135 kit in on Monday and Adorama doesn't give me an expected date, I'm going to cancel my order with Adorama and get it from B&H. I would have ordered from them in the first place but they weren't willing to sell me the 2yr extended warranty.

Last edited by scunning14; 10-25-2012 at 06:24 AM. Reason: spelling
10-25-2012, 06:44 AM   #74
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by scunning14 Quote
I would have ordered from them in the first place but they weren't willing to sell me the 2yr extended warranty.
I guess that is because the 2 year extended warranty is not valid in Florida and the Commonwealth of Virginia:

QuoteQuote:
Note! This product is non-transferable and NOT valid in Florida, The Commonwealth of Virginia or where prohibited by law
10-25-2012, 07:07 AM   #75
Inactive Account

Call Jay Mogil at 970-879-9333, his shipment came in yesterday, I believe he has two left, one with lens and one without, both 's' version.