Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-26-2012, 09:40 PM   #16

I still haven't purchased the WR lens yet so I don't dare to try like this. May be I'll try shooting under small rain when I got the 18-135mm WR but that's all I dare to try.

09-27-2012, 08:30 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Impressive although I don't purposely tempt fate with my camera. It takes enough of a beating without me pouring sand on it and washing it off. My K5 has taken a couple of motorcycle trips in the rain this summer and got a little wet with no issues and handled a good bit of snow on a day in Vermont last January. Just going to the beach seems to get sand everywhere. While weather sealing is good, I consider it insurance. I go out of my way to keep stuff off my camera. I change lenses a lot. Crap on the camera = crap in the camera. I spend enough time already with the spot healing tool getting all the UFO's out of my landscapes.
09-27-2012, 09:14 AM   #18

Original Poster
Yes the problem with changing lens is the dust you can collect. I used to shoot motocross competitions and initialy I would use two lens and swap them, but got a lot of dust inside. Eventually I got two bodies and never opened them aorund the track. Problem solved.
The point of the video is not just to trash the camera is to make people confident of the weather sealing of the Pentax. Of course I don't constantly trow sand or dip the camera in the water!, but it's good to know it can handle a few "accidents".
09-27-2012, 09:55 AM   #19
Veteran Member

That's what I'm talkin' about CRPhoto! Love to see others' faith in Pentax weather sealing

Y afuera del topico, pero yo pienso que tu tienes uno de los paises mas amables y bellos del mundo. Fui alla hace cuatro anos y me encante las vistas y las personas. Yo fui a La Fortuna, Monteverde, Puerto Jimenez, y pase tres dias en Parque Nacional Corcovado. Este foto era cuando yo llegue en la Estacion Biologica Sirena despues de siete horas caminando por la playa y la jungla. Era magnifica

Name:  FSCN0032.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  401.5 KB

Y yo encontre un Tapir!!

Name:  FSCN0023.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  175.8 KB

Pero no jaguars Y trate a buscar para ellos tambien

Es triste que no tuve cameras de Pentax en eso tiempo. Pero es un mas porque para ir alla otra vez

-Heie

P.S. lo siento si mi espanol no es muy bien. Era mi lengua materna porque mi abuela es de Colombia y tuve una nana de Cuba, pero cuando tuve 5 or 6 anos, ellos dejaron hablando espanol en la casa - era solamente ingles. Es muy triste, pero tengo bastante para viajar por todo el mundo en paises que hablan en espanol, y todos me dijieron que "Tu no tienes un accento como los gringos! Increible!" lol

Last edited by Heie; 09-27-2012 at 10:23 AM.
09-28-2012, 07:07 AM   #20

Original Poster
Hola Heie, gracias por tus comentarios. If you ever come back to Costa Rica let me know!
09-28-2012, 07:33 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Part of me thinks your insane, part of me is proud of what Pentax gear can go through.
Apart from one time when I was taking photos of a festival in heavy rain, covering up my FA 100-300 with a towel and occasionally wiping off my K10, I've been careful what my gear has gone through.
09-28-2012, 09:58 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Whoa. Wait.

Did you just dunk the K-5 with the hotshoe cover off? O_O

I thought all cameras are weathersealed at the top only with that cover on... at first I thought, oh OK, he had the O-GPS mounted..oh, it's WR too? (I was taken aback!), and then I noticed the hotshoe pins were exposed... I literally stood from my seat. You scary man, but seeing the K-5 go through that and still work is just way too awesome!

09-28-2012, 07:03 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
That's just insane, laugh. I'm going to run that at my next photo club meeting. There are a few Canon guys I'd like to see watching this, lol. This is the perfect answer to anyone who doesn't get why Pentax...
09-28-2012, 07:36 PM   #24
Veteran Member

My Olympus E-3 got a bath a couple of time while kayaking. I have not tested they K-5 like that yet.... I don't have any WR lenses, but it is good to see the WR is that good.
09-28-2012, 09:52 PM   #25

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Alizarine Quote
Whoa. Wait.

Did you just dunk the K-5 with the hotshoe cover off? O_O

I thought all cameras are weathersealed at the top only with that cover on... at first I thought, oh OK, he had the O-GPS mounted..oh, it's WR too? (I was taken aback!), and then I noticed the hotshoe pins were exposed... I literally stood from my seat. You scary man, but seeing the K-5 go through that and still work is just way too awesome!
Yes, the O-GPS is WR. When you open the battery door you can see the same type of seals as the camera seals. So I opted to do the "test" with the gps attached. I kinda forgot to also add that to the video caption!
09-29-2012, 07:12 AM   #26

Photos: Gallery
hahahahaha! lol! "Don't try this at home if you have a canon or nikon" lol!