Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-25-2012, 07:29 AM   #1

Just received my "German" K-5

I excitedly opened up my new K-5 that I ordered from Amazon...and through another seller besides that--Long story short-my manual is German and my power cord for my charger is European I presume....Any issues if the seller makes everything right or should I box it all up and ship it back.....Thanks for your input....I'm super excited about being here...

gnewport

09-25-2012, 07:51 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
"Makes everything right"?! I presume you knew where you were buying from?

Anyhow, why not just download an English version and get a $0,25 plug?
09-25-2012, 07:56 AM   #3

I got a french package and had to replace my K5 twice (sensor stains, mirror flop) in Germany. I did a travel documentary in south east asia, and Pentax told me to take the international warranty card with me so I could have it repaired/exchanged when being abroad. So don't worry, charge your battery and go shoot!
09-25-2012, 08:06 AM   #4

Original Poster
I was buying through a seller through Amazon-just assumed I would get an English copy...PDF is fine, but I wanted the small manual that comes with it...they are shipping me everything so it is all good...I used my PS3 cord to charge the battery last night so I'm good to go when I get home tonight...

Thanks for the quick replies-I'm guessing I'm good as far as warranty goes.

09-25-2012, 08:21 AM   #5
Pentaxian

The manual can be downloaded the Pentax's website, so that shouldn't be an issue unless you want a paper version? Do consider the environment if you want to print it...

The power cord is pretty standard so again it shouldn't be difficult to find another cord to charge the battery? Personally I use only one cord for the three chargers for the three cameras I carry around (for my K-5, the Q and the wife's W80). Saves the clutter.

I wouldn't just let the seller off the hook if it wasn't clear from the start the camera came from Germany. If it was stated as originating from Germany, you should take into account that it may be very difficult for the seller to get a cord other than the country standard. Same for the manual. All Pentaxes are sold as packaged by "local" distributors.

I bought my K10D from the UK a few years ago. Same problem with the cord, but I knew to expect that and I since I had compatible cords (from previous cameras) there was no problem. If you don't have a proper cord that's another thing of course...

Wim
09-25-2012, 09:04 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Two years ago I called Pentax and got a hard copy original manual mailed to me - $5.00. It's worth a shot.