Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-29-2012, 07:22 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K5 Changing Drive Mode by itself??

I was taking a lot of test shots with flash today and the camera would somehow change from Single Shot in Drive Mode to Exposure Bracketing. It did it almost after every 2 or 3 shots...................any ideas why

09-29-2012, 07:47 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Do you have the Raw button set to change drive mode? Are you bumping it when you change to portrait orientation? I know I've done that a million times -- so much so that I changed the raw button to enable raw (I shoot in raw already) so that it does nothing. It sucks doing that at an important time during a wedding.
09-29-2012, 07:50 AM   #3
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by enoeske Quote
Do you have the Raw button set to change drive mode? Are you bumping it when you change to portrait orientation? I know I've done that a million times -- so much so that I changed the raw button to enable raw (I shoot in raw already) so that it does nothing. It sucks doing that at an important time during a wedding.
I second this, same happened to me, I accidently pressed the RAW button without realising and changed to AE bracketing, I haven't re-assigned the RAW button just yet as I haven't had this happen at a critical moment, but that option is there
09-29-2012, 08:40 AM   #4
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by enoeske Quote
I'll third it. I thought having that button set to exposure bracketing would be the best, but the button is just in the wrong place and I hit it accidentally too many times. It's set back to RAW again. Rather embarrassing to fire off 5 shots of various lengths when someone is casually posing for you to take a quick shot.

09-29-2012, 10:32 AM   #5
Site Supporter

I can see where this would happen ... I put mine in RAW function because I still have the habits of my previous K-7.
09-29-2012, 12:57 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
You all are exactly right? How dumb of me..............to make matters worse, I have an "L" bracket on my K5 and it actually acts like a handle of sorts, but it also places my fingers right there over the RAW button. Because I always shoot RAW, I had set the RAW button to "Bracketing".............I never really used it anyway, so setting it back at RAW solves the problem............Too bad you can't simply set the button to do nothing....

Thanks!!
Dave
10-01-2012, 08:40 AM   #7
Site Supporter

Does the RAW button allow you to switch "back-n-forth" from JPEG?
10-01-2012, 09:04 AM   #8
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tabl10s Quote
Does the RAW button allow you to switch "back-n-forth" from JPEG?
Yes, if you set it up to do so ...