Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-11-2012, 11:09 AM   #16
Site Supporter




Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 88
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JohnBee Quote
Congratulations on your purchase.
I saw some tests for low light shooting, though I haven't heard anything about the new AF with regards to faster lenses.
Any idea if that's been covered yet?
"The new PENTAX K-5 II offer a compact, solid body that delivers high quality image reproduction, especially when working in low light conditions. The camera’s new, highly sensitive AF sensor enables photographers to work with a luminous flux based on F2.8 levels in addition to F5.6, which increases the AF accuracy when using fast lenses. The AF sensor also includes an upgraded AF algorithm as well as the Select-Area Expansion feature, which automatically tracks the subject when it deviates from a pre-assigned selection point, by assessing data from neighboring sensors."

We will see if lives up to the hype

10-11-2012, 03:31 PM   #17
Junior Member




Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 36
Does anyone live near a store to get a report on actual arrivals/shippings? I ordered from Adorama.
10-11-2012, 05:08 PM   #18
Site Supporter




Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 88
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by yomer Quote
Does anyone live near a store to get a report on actual arrivals/shippings? I ordered from Adorama.
The estimated arrival is Monday the 15th to Adorama and B and H. You should get an email when it ships. I also ordered mine from adorama via ups ground. I live in Virginia and don't expect it delivered any earlier than Wednesday. This is all speculation though. It could be another week or two unfortunately. All we can do is wait. I will post when I get my expected delivery date. I'll probably take a sick day when its delivered.
10-11-2012, 05:19 PM   #19
Pentaxian
JohnBee's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: front of computer
Posts: 4,620
QuoteOriginally posted by scunning14 Quote
"The new PENTAX K-5 II offer a compact, solid body that delivers high quality image reproduction, especially when working in low light conditions. The camera’s new, highly sensitive AF sensor enables photographers to work with a luminous flux based on F2.8 levels in addition to F5.6, which increases the AF accuracy when using fast lenses. The AF sensor also includes an upgraded AF algorithm as well as the Select-Area Expansion feature, which automatically tracks the subject when it deviates from a pre-assigned selection point, by assessing data from neighboring sensors."

We will see if lives up to the hype
Looks like you may be headed the tests as an early adopter.
Looking forward to hearing your experience with it.

10-11-2012, 05:53 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Ex Finn.'s Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Southern Maryland.
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 6,305
QuoteOriginally posted by scunning14 Quote
The estimated arrival is Monday the 15th to Adorama and B and H. You should get an email when it ships. I also ordered mine from adorama via ups ground. I live in Virginia and don't expect it delivered any earlier than Wednesday. This is all speculation though. It could be another week or two unfortunately. All we can do is wait. I will post when I get my expected delivery date. I'll probably take a sick day when its delivered.
I might just have to intercept that shipment, unless you live in northern VA. Seriously, do post your first impressions.
10-11-2012, 06:00 PM   #21
Site Supporter




Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 88
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
I might just have to intercept that shipment, unless you live in northern VA. Seriously, do post your first impressions.
Haha...you'll have to pry it from my cold dead hands. I'm actually in NOVA
10-11-2012, 06:25 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Ex Finn.'s Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Southern Maryland.
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 6,305
QuoteOriginally posted by scunning14 Quote
Haha...you'll have to pry it from my cold dead hands. I'm actually in NOVA
Damn the bad luck, for me then.
10-12-2012, 02:18 PM   #23
Veteran Member
benjikan's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Paris, France
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,312
6400 iso looks very nice as well...

10-12-2012, 02:28 PM   #24
Junior Member




Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 36
I just got a reply from Adorama...

Hi Luis,

Thank you for your inquiry on the status of your backorder.

Unfortunately, the manufacturer is not providing us with an ETA of when to expect this item, in turn, we cannot provide our customer’s with an ETA.


How come B&H get a date and we don't? Besides that, how can a manufacturer like Pentax at this stage not have an updated ETA on shipment delivery? I hope I'm at least included in the first batch of cameras arriving.
10-12-2012, 04:07 PM   #25
Pentaxian
JohnBee's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: front of computer
Posts: 4,620
QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
6400 iso looks very nice as well...
Are there any K-5 IIs high ISO samples anywhere to look at?

Last edited by JohnBee; 10-12-2012 at 04:17 PM.
10-15-2012, 09:27 AM   #26
Senior Member




Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Metro Detroit
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 139
I just talked to B&H and got this response:

"The "Expected availability" is October 15 2012. It has not as of yet today arrived."
10-15-2012, 09:46 AM   #27
Junior Member




Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 36
QuoteOriginally posted by apac Quote
I just talked to B&H and got this response:

"The "Expected availability" is October 15 2012. It has not as of yet today arrived."
Well, even though I ordered from Adorama, I just subscribed to the auto notification from B&H. At least I'll get an idea when stock arrives to the country.
10-15-2012, 09:52 AM   #28
Site Supporter




Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 88
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by yomer Quote
Well, even though I ordered from Adorama, I just subscribed to the auto notification from B&H. At least I'll get an idea when stock arrives to the country.
I did the same thing. I find myself checking each website every hour or so. The next week is going to be tough
10-15-2012, 11:42 AM   #29
Senior Member




Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Metro Detroit
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 139
QuoteOriginally posted by scunning14 Quote
I did the same thing. I find myself checking each website every hour or so. The next week is going to be tough
I keep checking too... I pre-ordered mine as soon as it showed up in B&H's website... and can not wait any longer.... I am curious to see how it performs compared to my current K-5.
10-15-2012, 11:56 AM   #30
Site Supporter




Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 88
Original Poster
B&H has not yet received any as of yet. It looks like we will have to wait another day
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, dslr, k-5, k-5 ii, k-5 iis, k10d, k5, kit, mode, pentax k-5
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fujifilm X-E1 or Pentax K-5/K-5II Snajder Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 39 12-06-2012 05:01 PM
Will K-5II/IIs firmware work for K-5 Classic? LIJ Pentax K-5 18 11-04-2012 09:16 AM
Debating a K-30 purchase over the K-5II/s... Sagitta Pentax DSLR Discussion 16 10-13-2012 10:34 PM
k-5II and Live View Basset Pentax K-5 4 09-18-2012 07:00 PM
Realistically how good is the K-5II on paper? Billium28 Pentax K-5 20 09-13-2012 09:46 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:52 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top