Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-11-2012, 11:09 AM   #16

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JohnBee Quote
Congratulations on your purchase.
I saw some tests for low light shooting, though I haven't heard anything about the new AF with regards to faster lenses.
Any idea if that's been covered yet?
"The new PENTAX K-5 II offer a compact, solid body that delivers high quality image reproduction, especially when working in low light conditions. The camera’s new, highly sensitive AF sensor enables photographers to work with a luminous flux based on F2.8 levels in addition to F5.6, which increases the AF accuracy when using fast lenses. The AF sensor also includes an upgraded AF algorithm as well as the Select-Area Expansion feature, which automatically tracks the subject when it deviates from a pre-assigned selection point, by assessing data from neighboring sensors."

We will see if lives up to the hype

10-11-2012, 03:31 PM   #17

Does anyone live near a store to get a report on actual arrivals/shippings? I ordered from Adorama.
10-11-2012, 05:08 PM   #18

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by yomer Quote
Does anyone live near a store to get a report on actual arrivals/shippings? I ordered from Adorama.
The estimated arrival is Monday the 15th to Adorama and B and H. You should get an email when it ships. I also ordered mine from adorama via ups ground. I live in Virginia and don't expect it delivered any earlier than Wednesday. This is all speculation though. It could be another week or two unfortunately. All we can do is wait. I will post when I get my expected delivery date. I'll probably take a sick day when its delivered.
10-11-2012, 05:19 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by scunning14 Quote
"The new PENTAX K-5 II offer a compact, solid body that delivers high quality image reproduction, especially when working in low light conditions. The camera’s new, highly sensitive AF sensor enables photographers to work with a luminous flux based on F2.8 levels in addition to F5.6, which increases the AF accuracy when using fast lenses. The AF sensor also includes an upgraded AF algorithm as well as the Select-Area Expansion feature, which automatically tracks the subject when it deviates from a pre-assigned selection point, by assessing data from neighboring sensors."

We will see if lives up to the hype
Looks like you may be headed the tests as an early adopter.
Looking forward to hearing your experience with it.

10-11-2012, 05:53 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The estimated arrival is Monday the 15th to Adorama and B and H. You should get an email when it ships. I also ordered mine from adorama via ups ground. I live in Virginia and don't expect it delivered any earlier than Wednesday. This is all speculation though. It could be another week or two unfortunately. All we can do is wait. I will post when I get my expected delivery date. I'll probably take a sick day when its delivered.
I might just have to intercept that shipment, unless you live in northern VA. Seriously, do post your first impressions.
10-11-2012, 06:00 PM   #21

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
I might just have to intercept that shipment, unless you live in northern VA. Seriously, do post your first impressions.
Haha...you'll have to pry it from my cold dead hands. I'm actually in NOVA
10-11-2012, 06:25 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Haha...you'll have to pry it from my cold dead hands. I'm actually in NOVA
Damn the bad luck, for me then.

10-12-2012, 02:18 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
6400 iso looks very nice as well...
10-12-2012, 02:28 PM   #24

I just got a reply from Adorama...

Hi Luis,

Thank you for your inquiry on the status of your backorder.

Unfortunately, the manufacturer is not providing us with an ETA of when to expect this item, in turn, we cannot provide our customer’s with an ETA.

How come B&H get a date and we don't? Besides that, how can a manufacturer like Pentax at this stage not have an updated ETA on shipment delivery? I hope I'm at least included in the first batch of cameras arriving.
10-12-2012, 04:07 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
6400 iso looks very nice as well...
Are there any K-5 IIs high ISO samples anywhere to look at?

Last edited by JohnBee; 10-12-2012 at 04:17 PM.
10-15-2012, 09:27 AM   #26

I just talked to B&H and got this response:

"The "Expected availability" is October 15 2012. It has not as of yet today arrived."
10-15-2012, 09:46 AM   #27

QuoteOriginally posted by apac Quote
I just talked to B&H and got this response:

"The "Expected availability" is October 15 2012. It has not as of yet today arrived."
Well, even though I ordered from Adorama, I just subscribed to the auto notification from B&H. At least I'll get an idea when stock arrives to the country.
10-15-2012, 09:52 AM   #28

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by yomer Quote
Well, even though I ordered from Adorama, I just subscribed to the auto notification from B&H. At least I'll get an idea when stock arrives to the country.
I did the same thing. I find myself checking each website every hour or so. The next week is going to be tough
10-15-2012, 11:42 AM   #29

I did the same thing. I find myself checking each website every hour or so. The next week is going to be tough
I keep checking too... I pre-ordered mine as soon as it showed up in B&H's website... and can not wait any longer.... I am curious to see how it performs compared to my current K-5.
10-15-2012, 11:56 AM   #30

Original Poster
B&H has not yet received any as of yet. It looks like we will have to wait another day