Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-10-2012, 01:57 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Fun with the K5 & SMC DA 2.8 40mm pancake

Grabbed a few shots on the walk back from lunch today. Loving the K5 and with the 40mm pancake lens it's reminding me why I enjoy photography so much. Sometimes YOU need to move around to make the shot happen, rather than simply twisitng the zoom barrel. Both remain satisfying actions in their own way, however.

Lens has a polarizing filter in place.

This little lens first impressed me 6 years ago when I bought it for my K10D. Still impressing on the new K5 now.

10-10-2012, 03:37 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice shots, but I feel as though the plants in the second photo were a bit yellow.(Probably just dying, and not your fault)
10-10-2012, 05:06 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Eulogy Quote
Nice shots, but I feel as though the plants in the second photo were a bit yellow.(Probably just dying, and not your fault)
Yeah, in fairness, it's been down into the low 40's here the past week overnight (so call that around 5 C for you. ). Methinks the plants are hurtin'.

Making for awesome colors in the trees, though. I'm hoping to have a chance to take one of my motorcycles out this weekend into the mountains for some dual sporting. If that happens, I'll definitely be pakcing the new K5 and a couple of my new lenses to capture the colors!

...and nice to see a fellow Maritimer on the forum! Every community I join I meet folks from back home. (I moved to WA state 3 years ago from Halifax. In fact, little known fact, I actually had (still have) the first Pentax K10D sold in Nova Scotia. )
10-10-2012, 11:27 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by doggydude Quote
Yeah, in fairness, it's been down into the low 40's here the past week overnight (so call that around 5 C for you. ). Methinks the plants are hurtin'.

Making for awesome colors in the trees, though. I'm hoping to have a chance to take one of my motorcycles out this weekend into the mountains for some dual sporting. If that happens, I'll definitely be pakcing the new K5 and a couple of my new lenses to capture the colors!

...and nice to see a fellow Maritimer on the forum! Every community I join I meet folks from back home. (I moved to WA state 3 years ago from Halifax. In fact, little known fact, I actually had (still have) the first Pentax K10D sold in Nova Scotia. )
Hah, nice. Always hear nice things about Washington, but I hear nothing touches the forests in Oregon.

10-11-2012, 09:27 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Eulogy Quote
Hah, nice. Always hear nice things about Washington, but I hear nothing touches the forests in Oregon.
It's like trying to compare juices. Yes, cranberry, apple and orange juice are all juices, but which is best is a matter of taste. I've been through all three Western states now, and it truly depends on what you want;

Do you want deep rainforests? Oregon
Do you want everything from rainforest to high alpine meadows to desert? Washington
Do you want to know your place in the universe? Go stand in the redwoods of California.

Luckily, all of that can be seen in a one week driving vacation.
10-11-2012, 04:33 PM   #6

k-5 + 40 limited is one of my fav combos
i was in one of the protests (live in Greece), got out before the teargas war, and at one point i was next to some photojournalists, all with d4s and 5ds and 70-200 lenses... you know, big stuff... and there was this one guy that couldnt figure out what the heck was this camera/lens i was holding... you should see his face !!!!
IMO, the 40 is the sharpest, smallest, high quality, super fast focus lens a pentaxian can have...

it was massive btw... the protest...
also it was hot as hell... i got sunburned...

Name:  IMGP8038-960.jpg
Views: 428
Size:  593.2 KB
Name:  IMGP8094-960.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  660.9 KB
Name:  IMGP8286-960.jpg
Views: 423
Size:  490.2 KB
Name:  IMGP8295-960.jpg
Views: 517
Size:  546.3 KB
Name:  parliament-960.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  271.7 KB

Last edited by obscura; 10-11-2012 at 04:42 PM.