Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-09-2013, 08:42 PM   #46
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by memo90061 Quote
I don't even have a Pentax and I come to these forums. I've never owned one either. :O lol. I like to read what you guys have to say. People have been so mean to me in other photo forums, and I don't notice people being mean in this forum.

Pentax has everything to make it the perfect system, and the only thing that keeps me from buying a camera is video quality. I'm not convinced by it. I'm so tempted to buy a Pentax K-5 ii right now at a very good price, but I have to sell my Olympus OM-D E-M5 to buy it. I've been thinking about selling the OM-D to buy a Canon for video quality, but I don't like their IQ on the rebel cameras. I would have to buy the 6D for good high ISO performance, but it's expensive. The OM-D does have very good quality for the sensor it has though, and IBIS is amazing.
I can't think of a camera that's best-in-class or nearly so for both still and video. If you really want the best of both worlds you might just have to use more than one camera. Is the Panasonic GH line considered the best in video now?

02-09-2013, 10:15 PM   #47
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by memo90061 Quote
Oh no! hahah. I wish I could try the Pentax K-5 ii at the store to see if I like how it feels on my hands.
maybe if you updated your location info, someone near you would be willing to meet you. I've done that for someone and they ended up buying a K5. Once you handle one, you really begin to understand how well designed the thing is...
02-10-2013, 10:24 AM   #48

Photos: Gallery
NitroDC that would be amazing! It would be the best camera. hahah

IchabodCrane I'm not sure if the Panasonic GH series is the best for video. I've never used one of those cameras. I really liked video on my Canon T2i though.

vagrant10 that's a good idea! haha. I just bought the Pentax K-5 II with 18-135mm lens. :X I can't wait to play around with it! Is the 18-135mm better than the 18-55 WR lens? I don't think I need a lot of reach, but I guess I'll just keep it for a while to see if I do use it beyond 55mm.
02-10-2013, 12:35 PM   #49
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

The 18-135 is everything the 18-55 is and more. Better image quality and much more zoom range. It is just a better lens than the kit lens.

02-10-2013, 12:42 PM   #50
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by vagrant10 Quote
maybe if you updated your location info, someone near you would be willing to meet you. I've done that for someone and they ended up buying a K5. Once you handle one, you really begin to understand how well designed the thing is...
It's a great camera and I find it comfortable despite it being too small for my big hands (my pinky falls off the bottom). The build quality even puts my D800 to shame IMO.
02-10-2013, 03:52 PM   #51
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by EdwardConde Quote
I priced them out the other day.. both the d600 and 6d... once it went over the $3500 mark for the body and 1 lens that would probably be the range of my limiteds I thought.... hmmm with $3500 i could get me some DA* & FA glass.. Keep my K5 or up to the IIs and still have enough $$$ left over for a happy meal! Ha... Yesterday I went on a photo walk... ABout 15 or so... Either you were Canon or Nikon....I was the only Pentax and I loved being the odd ball...Oh and my buddy was there with his Olympus E5! So 2 odd balls....
2 odd balls for sure, but I have been there as well. I was shooting Pentax and Olympus at the same time a few years ago. I had an Olympus body that was the only model (still can't remember the model number!) that used a Kodak sensor and man was it fantastic for my macro and flower shots!