Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-14-2012, 12:25 AM   #1
Forum Member

How do you look at your pictures?

How do you enjoy the pictures you´ve taken?
I myself edit them on my computer, rename them and save them on the hard drive.
Some pictuers that i really like i print out and put in a an album or on the wall.
When i want to show my family pictures i sometimes put themon a USB-stick and show the´m on our big screen TV.
The problem is that they take forever to load from the USB-stick and they don´t look that good on the TV compared to the domputer screen.

I was thinking on getting a media player with HDMI output to speed up the loading time and quality when we look at the pictures on the TV.

Suggestions, tips are welcome! :-)

10-14-2012, 01:48 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by peos99 Quote
How do you enjoy the pictures you´ve taken?
I myself edit them on my computer, rename them and save them on the hard drive.
Some pictuers that i really like i print out and put in a an album or on the wall.
When i want to show my family pictures i sometimes put themon a USB-stick and show the´m on our big screen TV.
The problem is that they take forever to load from the USB-stick and they don´t look that good on the TV compared to the domputer screen.

I was thinking on getting a media player with HDMI output to speed up the loading time and quality when we look at the pictures on the TV.

Suggestions, tips are welcome! :-)
Same as you but I don't print any out. I invested in a portable display to showcase family photos.
10-14-2012, 01:55 AM   #3
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
I am uploading my photos to my webside gallery time by time someone tell me, that he/she loves my photos and it is great feelin and it is my engine for go front

If you have money, you can print your photos in big resolution and force it to some local coffee shop cafe )
10-14-2012, 05:16 AM   #4
Site Supporter

With both eyes usually.

10-14-2012, 06:48 AM   #5
Pentaxian

My family checks my Flickr page to see my photos..
10-14-2012, 07:21 AM   #6
Site Supporter

I love looking at my fotos using an iPad. For me that's really perfect and flexible. And I get high quality.

If I want to show my pictures more than two people I use a FullHD-tv using an usb-stick. But I do this very seldom. A better solution could be using something like apple tv. You then can stream your fotos directly from the iPad via wifi, your lan and apple-tv onto the tv.

Last edited by acoufap; 10-14-2012 at 07:31 AM.
10-14-2012, 09:07 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by acoufap Quote
I love looking at my fotos using an iPad. For me that's really perfect and flexible. And I get high quality.

If I want to show my pictures more than two people I use a FullHD-tv using an usb-stick. But I do this very seldom. A better solution could be using something like apple tv. You then can stream your fotos directly from the iPad via wifi, your lan and apple-tv onto the tv.
I've been doing this, too.

I have an eye-fi card now, so I use that to send the photos as I take them to my iPad, then I can review them quickly and get an idea of how I'm doing much better than I do on the little screen.

It's great. Then once I'm back at my computer I use iPhoto to manage all of them, which is great because it sends everything to Photo Stream. Boom, iPhone, iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Apple TV, both Macs all have the photos
10-14-2012, 11:01 AM   #8
Pentaxian

I process my shots then upload the good ones to Google+. Then I share them remotely or with my android tablet.

10-14-2012, 03:58 PM   #9
Veteran Member

My clients get theirs on CD unless they request prints in which case I go to a place that makes decent prints from digital files in the area. I will usually show them their pics though on my laptop in a slideshow before that. I do the same thing at home for my own stuff. I'll get something printed for the wall once in a while but mostly I make slideshows for my computer or I use them as desktop wallpaper. I have a professional website I am developing but for now I don't put much that matters online.
10-15-2012, 11:49 AM   #10
Veteran Member

I may be a dinosaur, but I really love making and holding a fine print in my hands. So, all of my best work gets printed, usually at 12 x X inches, and then stored in boxes. Periodically, I take them down from the shelf so that I can view them in good light. I realize that prints can never look identical to what is seen on a computer monitor, but there is something about their physical reality that gives me pleasure. Lately, I have switched from printing on semi-gloss to smooth matte paper, which I find to give much more satisfying results. The absence of reflections means that the surface disappears, and the prints have incredible depth.

Rob