Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
10-19-2012, 07:44 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by scunning14 Quote
Is there mention of the f/5.6 sensitive AF sensor in the original k5 manual?
No, but I would have thought that the f/2.8 sensitivity is a new feature worthy of at least a mention in the manual, if only to to help users get the most out of it (i.e. "to get the most precise AF with lenses having an aperture wider than f/x.x, use only the center AF point", or somesuch).

10-20-2012, 04:18 PM   #32
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Interesting - the K5ii and K5iis are on sale on the Pentax Japan store in the Japanese version of the website but not in the English version. I wonder if it is in the retail stores in Shinjuku?

I just checked Yodobashi on Tokyo and they say that they have 20 K5ii in stock today and the K5iis will be in stock tomorrow. I wonder if the Pentax Forum in Shinjuku has samples?

PS CR Kennedy inform me that the K-5ii will be available in Australia by the end of October.

Last edited by RobG; 10-22-2012 at 12:56 AM. Reason: more info
10-22-2012, 05:42 AM   #33

Original Poster
OK, Pentax, so where are the goods??
10-22-2012, 09:00 PM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
there's a few users from Japan posting pics f/ the k5iis on Flickr.... so the camera is available in Japan right now!

10-23-2012, 12:11 AM   #35
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by vagrant10 Quote
there's a few users from Japan posting pics f/ the k5iis on Flickr.... so the camera is available in Japan right now!
Yeah, like I said.
10-23-2012, 06:25 AM   #36

Latest status from B&H:

"Welcome to Live Chat at the B&H Customer Service Department. Please wait while we connect you to an agent who will be able to assist you...
You have been connected to Cletus R.
Me : Wondering what the status of my order number XXXXXXXXXX is? Have Pentax K-5 ii arrived? Are they available? Any estimate when my order will ship? Thanks!
Cletus R: Hello Al. My name is Cletus, and I will be glad to assist you. Please give me a few moments to begin working on your inquiry.
Cletus R: I see that per our backorder department we should be receiving the camera around 10/29/12
Me: Wow, really? I was told last Friday that a shipment was on the way and should arrive soon???Cletus R: it is on the way to us
Me: It is on the way, but it won't arrive until 10/29/12?
Cletus R: that is correct"
10-23-2012, 04:31 PM   #37

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by apac Quote
Latest status from B&H:

"Welcome to Live Chat at the B&H Customer Service Department. Please wait while we connect you to an agent who will be able to assist you...
Me : Wondering what the status of my order number XXXXXXXXXX is? Have Pentax K-5 ii arrived? Are they available? Any estimate when my order will ship? Thanks!
Cletus R: Hello Al. My name is Cletus, and I will be glad to assist you. Please give me a few moments to begin working on your inquiry.
Cletus R: I see that per our backorder department we should be receiving the camera around 10/29/12
Me: Wow, really? I was told last Friday that a shipment was on the way and should arrive soon???Cletus R: it is on the way to us
Me: It is on the way, but it won't arrive until 10/29/12?
Cletus R: that is correct"
On that big,slow container ship from Japan (or China?).....

10-23-2012, 06:30 PM - 1 Like   #38

QuoteOriginally posted by Jatcat Quote
On that big,slow container ship from Japan (or China?).....
Probably the Panama Canal is closed or with a lot of traffic and the ship has to go all the way south to Tierra del Fuego, Argentina in order to get to NY!

Seriously now, I wish the K5IIs will arrive soon! I'm planning to get one!!!
10-23-2012, 07:28 PM   #39
Site Supporter

Here is the latest reply I got:

Thank you for your recent email inquiry. Unfortunately, your order is on backorder at this time.
We expect to receive the merchandise into stock on or around 11/10.
Once your order has shipped, you will receive a shipment confirmation via email.
Please note that all orders are shipped complete; therefore, if you purchased several items, we do not ship orders until all items are available.

Thank You, Consumer Services On Line Store for Pentax
10-23-2012, 07:31 PM   #40

Original Poster
Bummer. Creeping delays....
10-23-2012, 08:14 PM   #41
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Corto-PA Quote
11/10
As in November 10th? Eek!

I spoke with B&H today and they told me that their buyer had no information on the status of the K-5 II shipment, which basically means that it's not even on its way to the distributor yet. Maybe next week things will change!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-23-2012, 09:05 PM   #42
Forum Member

Latest status from B&H:

His name really is Cletus? (I mean, I can't imagine someone picking that as a pseudonym?) I don't know why I find that so fascinating. I guess because I had never heard it as the name of an actual person, rather than an occasional character in a show like The Simpsons or Reno 911.
10-24-2012, 06:35 AM   #43

B&H Updated their website to reflect expected availability Oct 29th.

Pentax K-5 II Digital SLR Camera 12016 B&H Photo Video
10-24-2012, 10:13 AM   #44

B&H Updated their website to reflect expected availability Oct 29th.

Pentax K-5 II Digital SLR Camera 12016 B&H Photo Video
I am glad they have posted the date, but I am not really getting my hopes up until I see a tracking number. I will be happy if I have it by Friday of next week.
10-24-2012, 10:23 AM   #45

QuoteOriginally posted by scunning14 Quote
I am glad they have posted the date, but I am not really getting my hopes up until I see a tracking number. I will be happy if I have it by Friday of next week.
Agree