Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-21-2012, 10:26 AM   #16
Junior Member




Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 25
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
So what is the good of letting the blow hards go on and on with out of date and irrelevant information? Where is the good that comes from this? We don't even know if this guy has a sensor stain, we suspect he doesn't, but we're never going to find out because he has "sensor stain" so engraved in his head that he assumes that's his problem and doesn't even bother to find out if he does... how does that help? This guy was obviously on the fence about Pentax, having a problem just leads him to believe all the anti-Pentax hogwash published on this site is true.
Thanks very much for your concern, I will tell you where the good is.
The good is that people know what the potential problems of a camera are and can check them when there still has the chance of no question return. Warned means armed.
Second, as in the concrete case, one knows how do sensor stains look like.
So when you see something strange, you can identify what it is.
Not dust spots and blah blah, but real stains.
I know they should not be appearing any more.
But they still do.
Excise me, but I do trust my own eyes and don't need anyone to reconfirm.
I have seen them.
Finally, this is a post to wan people that stains still appear.
So don't be surprised if you decide to go the K5 way.
Cheers

10-21-2012, 10:29 AM   #17
Pentaxian
fs999's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Luxembourg
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,746
QuoteOriginally posted by eagle_fly Quote
Sure, if being a pentaxian means accepting suboptimal quality at a high price.
That I am not.
My K-5 is working wonderful since two years, no FF, no BF, no stains, no low light problems, etc.

If your iphone (or other brand) doesn't work correctly, do you change brand and be annoying with iphone enthusiasts ?

Goodbye Sir !
10-21-2012, 10:29 AM   #18
Junior Member




Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 25
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TaoMaas Quote
How do you know they haven't solved it long ago and what you got was old stock? Aren't they using that same sensor in 4 of their current cameras? Heard any outcry about stains in the K-01 or K-30?
Very simple.
First, by the serial number.
Second, there are programs that tell you when the camera is produced.
But I am sure you know all that. It's much easier to assume that I'm ignorant and don'y know what the heck I'm taking about
10-21-2012, 10:37 AM   #19
Junior Member




Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 25
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
My K-5 is working wonderful since two years, no FF, no BF, no stains, no low light problems, etc.

If your iphone (or other brand) doesn't work correctly, do you change brand and be annoying with iphone enthusiasts ?

Goodbye Sir !
Hell yes, it is my right to change it (if I believe I don't get what I paid for. Apple consistently outperform, but when they do not people g away).
What I want to do is warn the others of this problem that have supposedly been long gone.
Sorry if I annoy you, but I speak the truth.
Although nobody needs/wants to hear the truth.
Sorry if I annoy you, that's not my goal!

10-21-2012, 10:37 AM   #20
Pentaxian
TaoMaas's Avatar

Join Date: May 2007
Location: Oklahoma City
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,197
QuoteOriginally posted by eagle_fly Quote
It's much easier to assume that I'm ignorant and don'y know what the heck I'm taking about
I don't think you're ignorant. I'm just not sure what your purpose is in trying to take one example and make a blanket statement from it. Sounds like you were aware of possible issues prior to ordering your K5...and agreed to take the risk anyway. Why not simply exchange it? Sounds mighty fishy to me.
10-21-2012, 10:50 AM   #21
Veteran Member
sb in ak's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Homer, AK
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 571
Sorry to hear it--I'd be miffed too. But if you go to the other camera forums, you will find similar posts...unlucky problems like this are not just limited to Pentax. Best you can do is get a decent warranty.
10-21-2012, 11:01 AM   #22
Junior Member




Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 25
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TaoMaas Quote
I don't think you're ignorant. I'm just not sure what your purpose is in trying to take one example and make a blanket statement from it. Sounds like you were aware of possible issues prior to ordering your K5...and agreed to take the risk anyway. Why not simply exchange it? Sounds mighty fishy to me.
I have no purpose than to warn people to check their sensors when they get a new K5.
Cause everyone says "These issues are long gone."
Apparently not.
Why not change it?
First, I don't want to do quality control for pentax.
Second, I am disappointed.
Most iportantly, I have heard about stains appearing after some time (when heated etc).
Don't know if it's true, but it's too much for me.
10-21-2012, 11:34 AM   #23
Site Supporter
Deimos's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Kingdom of Wonder
Posts: 1,709
eagle, why dont you go fly?

the stains are long gone

nikon has a nice kit waiting for you

10-21-2012, 11:41 AM   #24
Pentaxian
normhead's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Near Algonquin Park
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 25,861
With all due respect eagle_fly.. owning anything, not just a camera after supposedly going though a fair and unbiased selection process... and based on your own needs, which none of the rest of us will completely understand, you select a K-5 , get a copy you decide is defective, and then return, not for another K-5, but just return it.. sounds rash and impulsive. Your decision, that this situation could not have been resolved any other way than returning the camera is irrational. You could have exchanged the camera. You could have checked the camera against the site's list of numbers to see if it was old stock, if it was you could have ordered the camera from another store that isn't selling year and a half old stock, you could have looked at the reports on this site and realized that the odds of this happening are very low. Hey I'm not blaming you, we all have to do what we have to do for our own mental health. But your line of action here doesn't make any sense to me. it says more about you than it does about Pentax. I've done my share of bone headed things in my time, and I'm in no way immune to boneheaded mistakes, maybe that's why I'm saying if I'd done would you did, I'd be personally embarrassed. And I certainly wouldn't be broadcasting it all over the internet. I'd be saying .. "lets not mention this to anyone."
10-21-2012, 11:54 AM   #25
Junior Member




Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 25
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
With all due respect eagle_fly.. owning anything, not just a camera after supposedly going though a fair and unbiased selection process... and based on your own needs, which none of the rest of us will completely understand, you select a K-5 , get a copy you decide is defective, and then return, not for another K-5, but just return it.. sounds rash and impulsive. Your decision, that this situation could not have been resolved any other way than returning the camera is irrational. You could have exchanged the camera. You could have checked the camera against the site's list of numbers to see if it was old stock, if it was you could have ordered the camera from another store that isn't selling year and a half old stock, you could have looked at the reports on this site and realized that the odds of this happening are very low. Hey I'm not blaming you, we all have to do what we have to do for our own mental health. But your line of action here doesn't make any sense to me. it says more about you than it does about Pentax. I've done my share of bone headed things in my time, and I'm in no way immune to boneheaded mistakes, maybe that's why I'm saying if I'd done would you did, I'd be personally embarrassed. And I certainly wouldn't be broadcasting it all over the internet. I'd be saying .. "lets not mention this to anyone."
For the last time I tell you.
The camera is new, produced in June 2012.
I checked a lot of the things you suggest.
I am not gonna be Quality Control for Pentax, thank you.
I just don't think this camera is worth it, after all. For me personally.
I'll wait for a better one.
In the mean time I'll keep shooting my Nikon.
Cheers
10-21-2012, 11:54 AM   #26
Site Supporter
Deimos's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Kingdom of Wonder
Posts: 1,709
When you come to a forum and have nothing good to say from post number 1, you can expect the warm welcome.
10-21-2012, 11:56 AM   #27
Pentaxian
newmikey's Avatar

Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,590
QuoteOriginally posted by eagle_fly Quote
I think pentax may have lost one client here.
I do not think there is any large company that can be bothered about one person making that statement. I therefore fail to see the relevance of the statement on this forum to begin with.
QuoteQuote:
Don't really have the time to do their quality control.
You are probably not qualified to do so. Quality control seems to be an issue for manufacturers of every single complicated piece of equipment from cars to computers, from oil rigs to digital cameras or even integrated circuits. A 100% quality rate after release does not seem to be attainable. Why would you even think you'd do better?
QuoteQuote:
It's sad 'cause I really wanted to be a pentaxian.
That's not sad, that's just dumb. How can anyone aspire to become a "Pentaxian" to begin with? Do people aspire to become a "General Motorian" or a "Mitsubishian" when they are looking for a new car? Pentax makes darned good cameras, the K-5 one of the best amongst them. You use it, you fall in love with it. You didn't even use it. Ergo, you are not in any position to judge it either.
QuoteQuote:
Maybe I will some day, but not today...
No, you'll be the type often seen in online forums. Forever hunting for something better, something else. Always putting other brands down due to some misplaced superiority feeling. Never actually learning how to use your equipment at all because there's no satisfaction in that.
10-21-2012, 12:05 PM   #28
Junior Member




Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 25
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Deimos Quote
When you come to a forum and have nothing good to say from post number 1, you can expect the warm welcome.
And who are you to judge me and tell me where to go?
The godfather of this forum?

I just warned the people who I wanted to warn!
The smart ones who can read between the lines will appreciate it!
The others will keep babbling.
I don't really care that much...
Cheers
10-21-2012, 12:07 PM   #29
Junior Member




Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 25
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by newmikey Quote
I do not think there is any large company that can be bothered about one person making that statement. I therefore fail to see the relevance of the statement on this forum to begin with.
Every client is important for the smart companies.
If Pentax doesn't care, too bad for them
Enjoy your life, your analysis is too long to bother to read
10-21-2012, 12:11 PM   #30
Pentaxian
newmikey's Avatar

Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,590
QuoteOriginally posted by eagle_fly Quote
Enjoy your life, your analysis is too long to bother to read
No time or sense enough to read a few lines but smart enough to judge a whole company and waste your time posting crap on a forum, right?
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, day, dslr, k-5, k-5 ii, k-5 iis, k5, pentax k-5, pentaxian, time
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A great day for Pentaxian LFLee Pentax DSLR Discussion 11 02-03-2012 10:17 AM
World Pentax Day - West Aussie Pentaxian meetup 27 Feb goddo31 Travel, Events, and Groups 2 02-25-2011 07:31 PM
Landscape A New Pentaxian slowpez Post Your Photos! 9 12-26-2010 03:07 PM
Sydney Meetup for 2010 Pentaxian Day? Ben Hunt Travel, Events, and Groups 23 08-19-2010 10:20 PM
World Pentaxian Day ??? kmccanta Post Your Photos! 0 03-13-2008 11:10 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:56 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top