Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-22-2012, 04:04 PM   #16

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by regor Quote
The histogram is calculated from the embedded JPEG in the RAW file, and is therefore representative of the PP JPEG, not that of the un-processed RAW. Hence it will be affected by the settings used for PP the JPEG image in the camera (contrast, colors, WB etc.)
Ah Yes. So when I first import and look at the histogram in library mode it is of an imbedded jpeg and is the reason when I load the raw image into develop mode the peaks are compressed. Perhaps I should check and see if the jpg in camera settings are set at extremes.

Thanks

Last edited by everydaylife; 10-22-2012 at 05:39 PM.
10-23-2012, 05:41 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
there was a post at some time that suggested playing with the in camera jpeg settings till the histogram was the same or close to the raw one on your chosen software.

the idea was that it gave a better idea as the latitude is very different. i think it also was suggested it be also done if you use the blinkies.