Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-24-2012, 02:41 AM   #16

Photos: Albums
Yeah Bird dude! That was me in a nutshell. I went from a nikon coolpix L120 and I thought I was pretty good, then I bought a canon 1100d (rebel t3 something) and had to start all over again! That camera did do one good thing for me though, how to use the settings! I went from full auto to M in no time. I made a lot of terrible pictures but I experimented and got better (still no pro though) and only recently have I discovered Av and it's ease of use! Bought a K5 2 weeks ago and am really impressed with the way it handles, ergonomics and the old glass you can get for it, amazing camera! So Mtnberner just stick with it, you'll definitely be glad you did!

10-24-2012, 03:48 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mtnberner Quote
I think you are absolutely right bird dude I actually already have signed up for two online classes for basic technique and editing raw files, they weren't expensive classes so I will see what I get, but I won't know to February when they start Thanks for the advise
I mainly use Lightroom 3.6 for my post processing, however since I am a graphic designer I will work on images in PhotoShop CS6, thats where I do my magic. You will find using LR is very intuitive, it has an awesome organizing system and what I find really cool about it is the fact that all my work that I do to my images is nondestructive to my original images. You will really like Lightroom once you figure it out.