Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-25-2012, 12:15 PM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K-5 II at Adorama

For those who have pre-ordered the K-5 II at Adorama, I was just told that orders should start shipping today, as the camera just hit their warehouse.

Pentax K-5 II Digital SLR Camera Body 12016

What's ironic is that two days ago, nobody knew anything about its status- that's how much stores care about Pentax

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

10-25-2012, 01:13 PM   #2
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
For those who have pre-ordered the K-5 II at Adorama, I was just told that orders should start shipping today, as the camera just hit their warehouse.

What's ironic is that two days ago, nobody knew anything about its status- that's how much stores care about Pentax
Not to say that the stores don't care about Pentax, but I talked to a Pentax rep this morning on the phone and he was telling me that Japan doesn't provided them with any tracking info. So I feel like the confusion falls on Pentax. I sure hope Adorama receives their 18-135 k5II kits on Monday like BandH has predicted for theirs. This wait is killing me. Its going to be a long weeknd
10-25-2012, 01:24 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Did you already pre-order one? On Monday, we'll be posting a review of the II/IIs so that you can buy with confidence

Adam

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

10-25-2012, 01:35 PM   #4
Site Supporter

I pre ordered on the 10th of October. I am coming from a k10D, so I am sure I will happy. Got to play with a K5 last month for the first time and was blown away.

10-25-2012, 01:38 PM   #5

Did you already pre-order one? On Monday, we'll be posting a review of the II/IIs so that you can buy with confidence
Why don't you post it on Sunday night? Please I will surely need the most time possible to compare and analyze both cameras to see weather I leave my preorder from Adorama intact. I pre ordered the K-5 II with the 18-135 kit lens. So far, at least for me, the extra sharpness shown in the comparisons hasn't altered my decision for the non "s" model.

Call me pessimistic, but if there is a chance for moiré, Murphy's Law will come at full force when least expecting it.There will be times when I can pause my activity to check the photographs with detail, but in many others I won't have the chance to review those unique pictures which need to be perfect. If I trust the K5 to be a very good camera, I know the K5-II will be too, plus the added focus performance and better LCD.

Last edited by yomer; 10-25-2012 at 02:20 PM.
10-25-2012, 02:07 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery

Adam, will you open K-5 II and K-5 II S sub forums, or will we continue with a generic K-5 section since the cameras are so similar in functionality? You have a section for all 645, 6X7 and 67 variants, so there is a precedent for just one sub-forum.. Just curious.
10-25-2012, 03:37 PM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by germar Quote
Adam, will you open K-5 II and K-5 II S sub forums, or will we continue with a generic K-5 section since the cameras are so similar in functionality? You have a section for all 645, 6X7 and 67 variants, so there is a precedent for just one sub-forum.. Just curious.
The current K-5 forum is for all the different K-5s, including the new models.

Adam