Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-28-2012, 10:26 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by HSV Quote
In defense of the youtube poster, which also happens to be one of us PF members...the videos is about initial impressions, not about technical comparisons.

Most people would want to know objectively the difference between the K-5, II, and IIs...and APS-C vs FF or whatnot, but I think that was not the objective of the video.
+1
The most interesting part is that he allready would prefer the K5 IIs (which he just unboxed an hour ago) over his trusted 5D mkII

10-28-2012, 11:46 AM   #17
Veteran Member

I appreciate Ed's thoughts...........he never claimed any more than it being his initial impressions....
10-28-2012, 12:04 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Three times that he had the camera for less than an hour. Considering he's a pro, his information is the best I have to go on. He gave a non-technical review of the Limited's and he was right. If anyone here can beat him, please do so in a video.

Last edited by tabl10s; 10-28-2012 at 10:30 PM.
10-28-2012, 12:29 PM   #19
Veteran Member

A guy goes into an ice cream shop and orders a chocolate ice cream cone. He takes a bite and spits it on the floor! The server asks: "is there something wrong with the ice cream? The guy says: "yea, I HATE chocolate ice cream..."

Lol...

10-28-2012, 03:17 PM   #20
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
"Unboxing" is probably the most stupid "word" on the internet.

If i get in a car and drive it, Does me getting out of the car later mean I "undrove" it?

Or do I have to drive the car back to where I started from in reverse?
10-28-2012, 03:20 PM   #21
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Corto-PA Quote

If i get in a car and drive it, Does me getting out of the car later mean I "undrove" it?

You do realize that just because you put "un" on both those words, it doesn't make the same situation, right?

Maybe if the car came in a box, then it could be "unboxed".

Getting out of a car? Maybe you unshrouded yourself.
10-28-2012, 03:39 PM   #22
Veteran Member

What a weird comparison. Cars don't come in boxes.

10-28-2012, 03:46 PM   #23
Site Supporter

Ok so If someone built a chair and I broke it did I "unbuild" it?
10-28-2012, 04:04 PM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by HSV Quote
he videos is about initial impressions, not about technical comparisons.
Exactly.
10-28-2012, 04:14 PM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

No, only the one who build it can un-build it. You would be destroying it.
Wrapping and un-wrapping is not same as building and un-building. FCOL!
10-28-2012, 04:28 PM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
You're obviously not used to the American vernacular!
That's what I thought too. Not an hour he opened the box and already making a movie and blogging. And being entertaining in doing so. I love Americans when they do this Don't know how he managed to mention Jesus in the end credits though

Of course, the content will be 90% of preexisting thoughts and as such, is just adding to the internet noise (which is huge). But OTOH, we would have nothing if Ed wouldn't have done it.

On a technical note ... The K-5IIs can't reach the 5DmkII resolution wise in a landscape situation such as Bryce Canyon with a carefully controlled setup and proper capture sharpening for either camera.
10-28-2012, 04:41 PM   #27
Pentaxian

QuoteQuote:
If I laugh so loud at this stupidity I toss my beer, did I un-drink it?

QuoteQuote:
On a technical note ... The K-5IIs can't reach the 5DmkII resolution wise in a landscape situation such as Bryce Canyon with a carefully controlled setup and proper capture sharpening for either camera.
Maybe if the K-5 is on a tripod and the 5DmkII isn't.

I was looking at a digital scanning back for a 4x5 today...incredible over 10000 x 8000 lines, 24 bit colour and 300 MB files, but my god the images were sweet. Someone took the exact same image my buddy took with his D4, and it made the D4 look cheap. All I need is $20K, and I'll never pay attention to one of these resolution statements again.
10-28-2012, 04:50 PM   #28
Banned

No, but if you disassembled it, then you would have, as that word exists in German.
10-28-2012, 04:55 PM   #29
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Eh!?

According to the etymological dictionary that I just consulted (ed. Walter Skeat), the prefix un- (signifying the reversal of an action) goes back to Anglo Saxon times and is cognate with Latin in- (as in 'insensensible' and Greek an-). Without trying, many examples come to mind: 'untie', 'unwind' 'unpack' 'unwrap', 'undo'. There is no reason why English couldn't have formed 'unbuild'*, but no language, least of all English, is completely 'logical' or uniform in the way it forms words. Witness the existence of both regular and irregular verbs

I also agree that the piece was clearly labelled as a set of preliminary reactions and not a review.
10-28-2012, 05:01 PM   #30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I was looking at a digital scanning back for a 4x5 today...incredible over 10000 x 8000 lines, 24 bit colour and 300 MB files, but my god the images were sweet. Someone took the exact same image my buddy took with his D4, and it made the D4 look cheap. All I need is $20K, and I'll never pay attention to one of these resolution statements again.
Hmm. That's about the market value of all my camera gear, so I discovered when I did an insurance check recently.

Was that with or without a lens? Go you halves - time share basis. It could be a very steep and slippery slope, though.