Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
-Lens (if it's a Pentax lens, chances are we have it) - FA43 and FA77
-Aperture - f1.9-f4
-ISO - ISO100-800
-Day or night - Day
-Distance to subject - 2-4 meters AF-S
-Additional requirements (be brief) - no

Last edited by ogl; 10-29-2012 at 10:03 AM.
10-29-2012, 09:48 AM   #17
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Alizarine Quote
AF-C: subject tracking, from near to far and v.v.
AF-C: subject tracking, panning from one side to another
Second this request
10-29-2012, 10:30 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Apply the necessary capture-sharpening to shots from the K-5.The Bayer AA-filter is designed to create (necessary) blur and this blur must be undone (ideally with deconvolution, but unsharp mask type sharpening is OK).
+1. I'd like to see K-5 with capture sharpening vs. K-5 IIs with no sharpening. I'm particularly interested in seeing in what circumstances does the IIs have detail you simply can't recover from the K-5, and also whether there are any differences in noise.
10-29-2012, 10:40 AM   #19
Veteran Member

I would just like to see some 6400 ISO comparisons

10-29-2012, 11:58 AM   #20
Veteran Member

K5IIs vs 24MPix FF. Claim is made in the review that they've got equivalent apparent resolution, but no test. Compare 35mm Macro Ltd on K5IIs to 50mm Macro on D600.
10-29-2012, 02:51 PM   #21
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by froeschle Quote
  • Determine an appropriate sharpening, which is needed to "overcome" the "blur"/"softening" effect of the Bayer AA-filter. At least add pictures with this post-processing step to all comparisons.
  • Take pictures with the same lens and identical settings (time, ISO, aperture, manual WB, ...) of:
    • a color chart;
    • large (un)structured areas with uniform colors (red, green, blue);
Second this.

Adam, can you do this?
Your site would be unique in offering this feature.

Another suggestion:
Provoke purple fringing (not hard with the FA 77/1.8) and see whether there is a difference.
10-29-2012, 02:55 PM   #22
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by WoRaS Quote
AF-C: subject tracking, from near to far and v.v. AF-C: subject tracking, panning from one side to another
Same as the original K-5.

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Adam, can you do this? Your site would be unique in offering this feature.
You guys can get the raw files, then we can see how the best edits compare! I will do my best to request that photos of a color chart be taken, as I'm also very interested in seeing such a comparison (the K-5 IIs has been handed off to Ole now). Ideally, we'll get a wide variety of controlled shots which will give us a very clear picture of when the K-5 IIs is better, and when it is not (though I have a hunch that the overall conclusion won't differ much than what field tests revealed).

Regarding fringing, I think that here is a difference. It'll be investigated.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-29-2012, 04:15 PM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Macro shot with K-5IIs requested

I'm interested to see how much additional detail one would achieve when a IIs is paired with the FA* 200mm F4 macro.

A related question to explore. Are there any circumstances where the IIs displays moire on the compound eyes of insects?
10-29-2012, 04:19 PM   #24

Please, try if the new Safox is more precise when focusing with very fast lenses - i.e. FA 50/1.4 or yours FA*85/1.4 ... focus with fully open aperture. Ideal would be front/back focus chart like here:

Compare it even under different lighting conditions. Especialy under tungsten light.
Try some very contrasty scene (again i.e. the chart above) under -3EV if K-5 II locks its AF correctly.

Thanks.
10-29-2012, 04:21 PM   #25
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rgknief60 Quote
I'm interested to see how much additional detail one would achieve when a IIs is paired with the FA* 200mm F4 macro.
Happen to have one Will try!

QuoteOriginally posted by fahrus Quote
Please, try if the new Safox is more precise when focusing with very fast lenses - i.e. FA 50/1.4 or yours FA*85/1.4 ... focus with fully open aperture. Ideal would be front/back focus chart like here:
Informal tests showed no difference in that respect compared to the original, but we can certainly add a formal test.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-29-2012, 05:16 PM   #26
Veteran Member

I would like to see the Super tested under concert/colored stage lighting. Preferably LED stage lighting.

Sad to see that the C-AF still has not been improved. The current C-AF is pretty weak.

I hope the K-3 takes a big step forward in this aspect.
10-29-2012, 05:33 PM   #27

Photos: Gallery
For people who only have kit lenses the inclusion of
18-55
50-200
55-300
and 18-135
10-29-2012, 06:44 PM   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
not that i'm in the market for one, but I think video would be nice. i would like to see if moire is an issue in video.
10-29-2012, 06:50 PM   #29
Pentaxian

You guys can get the raw files, then we can see how the best edits compare!
Great, but note this only makes sense if the edits are published in your comparison.

If people are left to create their own threads ("Look, here's what sharpening can do") then only a fraction of users who have read your comparison will see these.
10-29-2012, 07:12 PM   #30
Veteran Member

It's still there Pentax seriously hasn't touched anything other than the AF module and LCD screen.
Thanks for posting great comparisons, Adam! I really appreciate all the findings you got from the tests. I do hope Pentax can fix that clicking bug with a firmware update... if it is possible through firmware.