Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-08-2013, 06:55 AM   #46
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Qwntm Quote
As for Sony sensors being better than Canon's right now, your talking by a SMALL SMALL margin. Small enough that Photographers who actually know what their doing realize it's insignificant
I'd argue that you actually need to relearn a lot about processing and even photography to make full use of the rather large advantage Sony sensors have.

The advantage only appears to be small to people who dont actually know what they are doing!

02-08-2013, 07:18 AM   #47
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by WerTicus Quote
The advantage only appears to be small to people who dont actually know what they are doing!
Oh, SNAP!
02-28-2013, 10:29 AM   #48

Ultimately it depends on what you intend to use the camera for! What is that? I own the Pentax K5 IIs and I can tell you I love it! Though, it doesn't work for everything I need as I primarily shoot landscapes. I take the K5 IIs along when I shoot landscapes however it's not my primary camera in that instance. If I'm shooting architecture or the city, especially at night or sunset, then it IS my primary camera. Pentax hit a home run with the K5 IIs and moire is rarely noticeable unless your shooting people in linen jackets or brick buildings with strong sidelight. Otherwise, the lack of having the AA filter makes a hug difference, IMO. That's the main reason I sold my Canon gear; their AA filter is WAY, WAY too strong IMO. The Canon 5DII also had serious banding problems, which I struggled with when doing low-light photography for two years. I was never happy with the 5DII, even though it was much lighter than my Hasselblad H2 and easier to carry around in the field. I find that people who appreciate fine detail and specific performance buy a Pentax, where as most hobbyists will simply buy a Canon or Nikon (and like your basic amateur, use the stock strap with the big, fluorescent CANON or NIKON logo on it that alerts would-be thieves in the dark to say "COME ROB ME").

Ultimately, until you own or rent a Pentax camera, you will never know if you truly like it! Just try it... you can go to www.lensrental.com or Rent professional cameras or camera lenses for Canon, Nikon, Sony, Olympus, Leica and Pentax and rent a K-5 and most any lens for a week at a fraction of the cost of ownership. Then you will know.