Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
11-04-2012, 03:19 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Different strokes and all that.

I find that the K-5 has a more pleasant feel in the hand than any other body I've tried. This includes Pentax K-r, MFT bodies and my mate's 50D. That said, I have small hands and the grip just seems tailor-made.

Agree about the SD slot, though, It's rubbish!

11-05-2012, 07:49 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Like I discovered with my old MX, Pentax seems to have purposefully designed the bodies so that the body plus battery grip is almost the same size as other SLRs without the grip. In other words, they seem to be optimized to be used with a grip. Unless you have a pancake lens or a 28mm lens on them, many Pentax bodies handle best with a battery grip.
11-05-2012, 08:05 AM   #18
Pentaxian

I like the size of the K5 with a small lens on it. It packs really small for travelling. Larger cameras typically have much better / more pleasant hand grips.Things get much better with the battery grip in case of the K5. Even with battery grip things are not perfect, but much better - the grip is still lacking some depth. For LX and 67 wooden grips were available that allowed adjustment.

Check out your focus system and make sure it does not need fine tuning...

Menuwise: say hi to Penta and ask them how we can transfer our menu settigns from K5 to K5II(s)... or from K20 to K5, ... Nikon shows that settings can be saved on cameras and transferred to other models.