Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-03-2012, 10:48 PM   #1

Live View Shooting not working

Hi.

I have recently purchased a K5, and am enjoying it, however cannot get the live view to work reliably.

The camera successfully goes into Live View mode, and focuses etc, and everything appears normal. Then when I take a photo, sometimes it works ok, but most of the time the photo is completely black. Independent of whether the photo was successfully taken, afterwards the camera is still in live view mode, but just displays a blank screen. (And I cannot see anything through the viewfinder)

The camera came with firmware 1 I think, and I have just upgraded to 1.13 to see if that made any difference, but still the same issue.

Is this just me doing something wrong, or is there an issue with the camera that I should RMA? Otherwise camera seems to work perfectly.

Thanks for your help

11-04-2012, 06:48 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Besides being in Live View, what other settings did you set the camera to?
11-04-2012, 03:52 PM   #3

Original Poster
Camera is in program mode, auto focus is on, spot metering is on. Most other settings are in automatic mode. I have also tried it in green mode, and the same thing happens.
11-05-2012, 05:43 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Reset the camera setting to default and try again to see if it happens. If it does, then send it back for a new one.