Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-04-2012, 10:34 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

K-5 II and K-5 IIs Pricing

I am a happy K-5 user and might change to the newer version, but I am confused. The K-5 IIs costs more than the K-5 II and the only difference is it has less hardware, a filter. This is a case of where you can pay more for less. If there is a risk for moiré, than one should pay less. If the K-5 IIs has no risk, why produce the K-5 II with a lower price? I know there is no logical answer but a little conversation might be interesting.

Earl

11-04-2012, 10:37 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The k-5IIs has higher resolution pictures.
11-04-2012, 10:53 AM   #3
Forum Member

Number of units produced is lower.
11-04-2012, 11:18 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by DonDouglas Quote
Number of units produced is lower.
Pentax has been surprised by the demand for the K-5 IIs, I'm wondering if in the end that will be the case.

11-04-2012, 11:22 AM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Pentax has been surprised by the demand for the K-5 IIs, I'm wondering if in the end that will be the case.
As launch, it's clear that more IIs's than II's will sell, because the IIs is a more compelling upgrade for current K-5 users than the II. Considering that the K-5 is $400 cheaper than the II right now, I don't think II sales will pick up until all K-5's are sold out.

BTW, regarding pricing, I'm sure that there will be some great deals come black friday...

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-04-2012, 12:58 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
As launch, it's clear that more IIs's than II's will sell, because the IIs is a more compelling upgrade for current K-5 users than the II. Considering that the K-5 is $400 cheaper than the II right now, I don't think II sales will pick up until all K-5's are sold out.

BTW, regarding pricing, I'm sure that there will be some great deals come black friday...
Ah, Friday, November 23rd Just in time for my son's birthday!