Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-12-2012, 12:12 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I would absolutely agree that everyone is entitled to an opinion. I also realsise that the K-5 IIs and 5DMKIII are quite different cameras - certainly the 5D has some advantages.

It just this guy annoys me - I guess I'm more of a hard facts sort of person rather than waffle. Thats my opinion but I can see a lot of people see it as valuable so thats fine by me.

11-12-2012, 01:11 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kesong Quote
You only see him as a pilot, but at the same time, he has been a professional working photographer for 25+ years (quoted from his youtube channel introduction). Given this, there is nothing wrong in his argument, nothing comical at all.
The bottom line: he knows what he is talking about.
I did say i agree with a lot of what he said and I would not slag him ! I just found the bit about the pilot comical, regardless as to wether you find it comical lol I also quoted he has a right to his opinion ! His words are hardly the bottom line either.
11-12-2012, 02:01 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Regardless of what the naysayers think about his opinion/impressions/speaking style, I'm pretty sure they haven't given any video lessons on Hyper-focal distance, Spot Metering or a breakdown of the different modes of the K-5. He has.
11-12-2012, 02:42 PM   #19

Photos: Gallery
He should spend some more time in planning his videos. Youtube videos Aren't meant to be sifted through to find 2 minutes of useful information among 12 others. I can Understand the plane example (although I disagree), but it shouldn't take a third of the video.
About the cameras: IMHO comparing the the 5DmkIII to the k5 IIs is like comparing the 5D mkIII to the 845D. You can do that, but the outcome would be pretty obvious, so why bother?

11-12-2012, 02:46 PM   #20
Veteran Member

I'm not a hater, but I just wish he could be more succinct.
He seems a nice, folksy guy and all, but he would benefit from working to a script.
11-12-2012, 03:35 PM   #21
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
He is a cool guy, I personally enjoy watching his videos to listen to what he has got to say. He is also made a handful of helpful videos, which are much appreciated. I am just glad for his youtube channel.

Last edited by Guayabero; 11-13-2012 at 12:49 PM.
11-12-2012, 06:46 PM   #22
Pentaxian

Ed is a user on this forum (Qwntm).

I find him entertaining and one has to credit him for always emphasising that he is just expression his personal opinions, but I take two issues with this particular video:
  1. The "if you have to ask about the 6D vs the 5D MkIII then get the 6D"-advice. I reckon that's what reviews should be for, to empower users to make their own decisions, rather than telling them that they don't need more than the cheapest model.
  2. The dismissal of valid concerns against the K-5 IIs. At the sizes he prints at, he surely will see the nasty moiré in the cacti shot by Adam.

11-12-2012, 09:57 PM   #23

I like his vids, and I implore him for doing this considering what the internet brings out in people. How many people are passionate about a topic and camera ready with a stream of conciousness? He communicates very clearly and openly, and owes nobody anything.

"Youtube videos Aren't meant to be sifted through to find 2 minutes of useful information among 12 others" Apart from the fact we must go to totally different 'youtube's, I like that you put an objective on what a youtube video HAS to be. I'm sure google will be thrilled about this! They get to cull all the videos that arent useful to you at this point in time!
11-13-2012, 01:54 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Original Poster
There's no one else on YouTube with his experience touting Pentax. Adam should make him a PF National Treasure.