Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-14-2012, 07:02 PM   #16
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
So - here's the story. Michaels have one but it's on hold for an insurance customer. Their price is higher than DCW. BUT... rather than having to wait for DCW to fix their stuff up, I decided to order from Michaels at a higher price 'cause I now officially HATE DCW. Very kindly - Michaels even decided to get a rush delivery so I will be able to get it prior to the event I'm shooting on the weekend. Michaels = great, DCW=complete idiots. Amazing difference in service levels.

11-14-2012, 07:46 PM   #17
Veteran Member

I've previously bought a camera from Michael's (Panasonic LX3) which they pricematched against DCW DCW didn't have any stock.

edit: what about Ted's, Camerahouse or JBHiFi?
11-14-2012, 07:56 PM   #18
Forum Member

Camerahouse didn't know when it was coming in or what the price was. JBHIFI only had Nikon and Canon on display so I by-passed them. Ted's only had the K-r and K-5 on display so I by-passed them too. Never liked JB or Teds much. All the other Cameras I've purchased were from Camerahouse. I have to say though - I used to play a game with the Elizabeth St camera stores. I'd walk in and ask if they had a Pentax DA-15 Limited. None of them could ever find it on their database, they all promised to get back to me and none ever did. I used to do this once every 6 months. Never got a hit. Ended up buying one online.
11-14-2012, 08:20 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I got mine today, from camerastore.com.au in Adelaide. $50 more than DCW, but what the hell.

11-14-2012, 08:27 PM   #20
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
I got mine today, from camerastore.com.au in Adelaide. $50 more than DCW, but what the hell.
Hehe - that's pretty funny. I was ordering in Melbourne - which is where the stock comes from in the first place and I still wasn't able to get one till Monday. DCW sux.
11-15-2012, 02:57 AM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbob Productions Quote
Camerahouse didn't know when it was coming in or what the price was. JBHIFI only had Nikon and Canon on display so I by-passed them. Ted's only had the K-r and K-5 on display so I by-passed them too. Never liked JB or Teds much. All the other Cameras I've purchased were from Camerahouse. I have to say though - I used to play a game with the Elizabeth St camera stores. I'd walk in and ask if they had a Pentax DA-15 Limited. None of them could ever find it on their database, they all promised to get back to me and none ever did. I used to do this once every 6 months. Never got a hit. Ended up buying one online.

guess where I got my DA15 from? DCW!
The shop in Northcote didn't have stock so they had to fly in one from Sydney, great price too, better than getting from bhphoto or adorama. But yeah, seems like they never have stock!

I was hoping to have the k5iis this weekend.. oh well, I guess I can wait for several more days.
11-15-2012, 08:11 PM   #22
Forum Member

xhantos - DCW may well have one in Northcote store now - they were apparently trying to get mine in - give em a call.

11-15-2012, 10:12 PM   #23
Veteran Member

my preciousssssss.

From DCW.

Now I've got to go to Bunnings and buy black tape and a silver texta.

Gotta disguise the k5 as a k7 so the missus will not notice

Last edited by xhanatos; 11-15-2012 at 10:26 PM.
11-16-2012, 02:31 AM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by xhanatos Quote
my preciousssssss.

From DCW.

Now I've got to go to Bunnings and buy black tape and a silver texta.

Gotta disguise the k5 as a k7 so the missus will not notice

Nice, .... envy

Similarly I've got the "finance" approved.to order one tomorrow but there has been a significant compromise. Basically it was trade off for rubber stamping the spend of $700 for a professional kitchen mixer.
Also in theory I have to wait until Dec 25.

However, I do plan to take it overseas on my next work trip in couple of weeks and claim the GST back under the TRS scheme . (That'll save me about $100)

One question. Is there a tamper proof sticker on the outer box? I can't see one in your pic.

Muuhahahahahaaaa !!
11-16-2012, 03:00 AM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by steve1307 Quote
One question. Is there a tamper proof sticker on the outer box? I can't see one in your pic.

Muuhahahahahaaaa !!
Nope, no tamper proof sticker!

I am going overseas.. but in March. But I couldn't wait that long
11-16-2012, 03:18 AM   #26
Veteran Member

You dodgy b******s! I'm learning heaps from you guys about concealing a new camera purchase with tape and a black texta. I just need the cash to buy the K5IIs in the first place.
Good luck with your new purchases. I look forward to getting mine in a couple of years when the new model is coming out, and the 'old' K5IIs is at the end of it's life.

Regards
11-16-2012, 09:02 PM   #27
Forum Member

Been happily playing with mine... :-D photo one...

11-17-2012, 12:13 AM   #28
Veteran Member

DCW in Sydney got a few in this morning too.
I went in there to pre order expecting to wait a week or so.
I walked out with a IIs and my credit card smoking.
Attached Images

11-17-2012, 01:43 AM   #29
Veteran Member

Must ... resist ... temptation ...
11-17-2012, 03:39 AM   #30
Veteran Member

Original Poster
mmmmm, K5iis
Attached Images