Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-27-2012, 08:54 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
It's SAFOX's work in action.
QuoteOriginally posted by creampuff Quote
I had AF issues with my K-5 over time.
With all due respect, an AF problem hasn't even been identified here yet, so generic complaints about the K-5's AF are not on target.

Note once again that OP's 2nd image (the one where he is reporting softness issues) was shot at 3m using f9 with a 50mm lens ... ie it's almost impossible for the image to be out of focus. And image softness does not always have OOF as the cause.

11-27-2012, 10:36 PM   #17
ogl
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-k-30/197362-most-important-questio...ike-k-5-a.html
12-09-2012, 11:46 AM   #18

Original Poster
Short update:

I've visited the local Pentax repair centre.
Body was sent to France for check/repair, the D-FA 50 sent to Czech Rep. to test the lens.
Why not Pentax calibrate body+lens together in a same place? Wouldn't be easier to find out what the problem is this way?
3 weeks without my gear.
12-10-2012, 09:42 PM   #19
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by creampuff Quote
I had AF issues with my K-5 over time. I love the camera but it was immediately obvious there was a problem, particularly indoors under incandescent light. Focusing by LV was far more accurate. The camera was sent back to Pentax Japan for a replacement of the AF module. Focus was good and lenses which I thought had sharpness issues now had a new lease of life. The K-5 AF was good but definitely no match compared to the new K-30, which locked focus without hesitation. Dumped the K-5 immediately after that.
Hello. I think I noticed in one of the K5 II posts that you now own one of these new models. I would be really curious to hear your opinion on the issues you had with the original K-5 and the newer (in relation to the AF issues discussed in this thread.) Thanks for your time!

05-28-2013, 08:22 AM   #20
Forum Member

Hi Geminiq,

have you ever found the reason for this behavior? I believe I have the same issue, pictures suddenly aren't just out of focus but almost hazy and noisy, there doesn't even seem to be anything in focus in the entire picture if that's possible.

This is my thread I started about this:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/general-technical-troubleshooting/226185-...ml#post2400592

Any help is greatly appreciated!

thanks!