Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-22-2012, 04:17 PM   #61
Veteran Member

@Slam
Deblur, sharpning all the same thing, it about making the image look sharper.

As for the rest this might help
Guide to Image Sharpening
Read the part about the workflow.

What is being discussed mostly here is about "capture sharpening"
You need that because of the added blur of the AA filter but since the IIs doesnt have an AA filter it does not need that step.

12-22-2012, 05:14 PM   #62
Forum Member

Right, Thanks, Anvh. It's just an odd way to refer to "Sharpen". I'm very familiar with sharpening; what I'm trying to decide is whether I can employ some sharpening with the K-5II and get the level of clarity that we should expect or, deal with the occasional moire in the K-5IIs. Thanks, though.
12-22-2012, 10:12 PM   #63
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by SlamDesiAK Quote
JohnBee... maybe I'm just uninformed but, by "deblur" are you referring to specific methods of sharpening? I usually use Unsharp Mask in Photoshop or ACR.
The answer is: Yes

Many deblur tools use deconvoluted sharpening method. Which can be found in Photoshop Smart Sharpen, RawTherapee, and Topaz Detail. However, I also think it's worth mentioning that each of these solutions will vary greatly in capacity. ie, I dind Topaz Detail to be far and away the easiest and most effective deblurring tool I've ever used, with Raw Therapee in second and Photoshop Smart Sharpen in third place.

Hope this helps.