Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-02-2012, 02:11 PM   #1
Forum Member

battery grip

Hello every one am from the uk and am after a battery grip for my k-5 is there any good copies out they I could purchase in the uk thanks in advance

12-02-2012, 02:17 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If you don't want to buy from a store, you might want to post your request here:
Wanted Items - PentaxForums.com

But if you want to save money, there are lots of generic knock-offs that work just as well (only difference is they technically aren't weather-sealed). Try an ebay search:
Battery Grip for Pentax K7 K-7 K5 K-5 D-BG4 DBG4 D-SLR Camera D-LI90 | eBay (30 pounds)

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

12-02-2012, 02:19 PM   #3
Veteran Member

There are two main non-Pentax grips that are on the market. Neither has weather sealing, despite claims to the contrary by various sellers.

Here is one of the most lengthy threads on the subject - the K-7 & K-5/II/IIs all take the same D-BG4 battery grip.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/82642-pentax-k7-3r...tery-grip.html

Here is my review of the one I got while my Pentax grip was out for repairs.
D-BG4 K7 Battery Grip (Generic) reviews - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database
12-02-2012, 02:21 PM   #4

the official one and knockoffs are available at wex and amazon and other reputable dealers
Pentax D-BG4 Battery Grip for Pentax K-7 Digital SLR: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

12-02-2012, 02:24 PM   #5
Forum Member

I've bought the "knock-off" battery grips (one for a K7 and one for a K5) and they work great. They've got scroll wheels, AF button, green button, etc. Try Hong Kong based suppliers - they're usually cheaper. Good luck!
12-02-2012, 02:30 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'd recommend not buying from DSTE Battery on eBay, though. Mine worked fine for about three months, and now when I turned the camera on, the shutter fires without a button being pressed.(Not a huge issue, but implies there's some sort of glitch)
12-02-2012, 02:58 PM   #7
Forum Member

Original Poster
Cheers for all your replies I think I wait till after xmas now and get 1 from hong kong thanks again