Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-11-2012, 02:32 PM   #1

mirror lockup

I was trying mirror lockup the other day with the idea of minimising camera shake when using my K5 in conjunction with a spotting scope (1000mm). I use a tripod with self timer normally, but was interested to see if lockup would help further with stability.

The user manual and me trying it seems to indicate that it is not possible to use lockup at the same time as the self timer. Does it not defeat the purpose of using lockup for this purpose if it forces the shutter button to be pressed manually to take a photo, or am I missing something? (I can see that using a remote control or cable switch accessory would overcome this, but is there any way to combine lockup with self timer with just the camera as supplied?)

Thanks,

Andrew

12-11-2012, 02:35 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Actually, quite the opposite is true. MLU is also automatically engaged when you have the 2s self-timer mode or 3s remote mode selected.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-11-2012, 02:46 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
There is no dedicated MLU mode.
Wouldn't the remote mode with MLU qualify? One press on the remote to start MLU then take the exposure with the second press.
12-11-2012, 02:52 PM   #4
Pentaxian

on the K-5 there is a dedicated MLU mode, in addition of the 2s self-timer.

12-11-2012, 02:52 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Wouldn't the remote mode with MLU qualify? One press on the remote to start MLU then take the exposure with the second press.
Yup, you're right. And there is a dedicated MLU mode, I just didn't expect it to be in the menu having use the 645D, which has a switch for it!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-13-2012, 04:42 AM   #6

Original Poster
Thanks Adam and other repliers - Sorted me out once again.

Andrew