Show Printable Version 2772 Likes Search this Thread
09-25-2015, 07:25 AM   #1486
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Nice shots Wild Mark and bkpix !

Superb shots Rupert !

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
You gotta be quick to get a shot, the Bigma is a big ol' slow lens and if you aren't ready, they are gone before you can snap!
It happens often to me... I have found a workaround, when I see the lens is hunting I turn the focus ring counter side to get it back to the focus point and when I hear the beep I shoot !

Page #100 !!!! Click on the photos for details...

#3 Damned lazy squirrel

09-25-2015, 08:36 AM   #1487
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I just heard Otis calling the PETA hotline and lodging a complaint for "squirrel harassment" and "squirrel slander". He is asking that your Magic Lens be confiscated and sold with the proceeds going to his Starving Blind Orphan Squirrel Fund.

Easy just to say "all of the above" on those FS! #1,#2, #7 & #10 are wonderful! Without a doubt.....# 3 is the most outstanding! Otis would love for you to come visit and shoot his handsome face......after he washes your mouth out with soap!

Otis is proud of his big nuts......

A couple more from my new Bigma...

Best Regards!
09-25-2015, 10:41 AM   #1488
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Frederic,

Love that stretched squirrel!

Bob
09-25-2015, 01:50 PM   #1489
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bkpix Quote
Love that stretched squirrel!
Agree....me too! ...and Otis wanted FS to know that he can stretch out with the best of them! He asked me to get this shot he posed for FS just minutes ago.

This is sort of gross, but Otis wanted it posted to prove that birds are filthy critters not worthy of feeding or shooting....except with a shotgun. I heard him yell out earlier today..."Oh NO! Oh NO! don't do that! "
I looked down the fence line and there was a nasty bird looking at his butt....

Then Otis yelled out "That's just plain sick!...a damn filthy bird picking his butt in public view.": (

I guess Otis is right, he always is...birds are nasty critters, I've never seen a squirrel do anything like that.

This little Cardinal was looking on, and he said..."I'd never do anything like that!"

Maybe I need to find a better neighborhood?

Regards!

09-25-2015, 06:10 PM   #1490
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
#3 Damned lazy squirrel
The photo composition and style almost suggests the squirrel is stoned ..... nice dreamy shot.

Some more from my growing spring collection. Taken with the Vivitar 135mm 2.8 close focusing model

Dead shed

Rutidosis hetergama

Hibbertia sp.

Calochilus robertsonii

Calochilus robertsonii

Pultenaea spicata

Caladenia catenata
09-26-2015, 05:32 AM   #1491
Veteran Member

I gave the Bokina a spin late this afternoon. I thought it was a lemon (images not sharp) - I was wrong.

Revised my assessment after adjusting focus by -10.
09-26-2015, 06:38 AM   #1492
Veteran Member

Wow! Some nice images here! I especially like the little dew-drenched yellow flower and the collapsed barn; wonderful images both!

Here's one I did yesterday.

09-26-2015, 11:04 AM   #1493
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dakight Quote
Wow! Some nice images here! I especially like the little dew-drenched yellow flower and the collapsed barn; wonderful images both!
My thoughts exactly! Those are wonderful....so many nice shots here!

QuoteOriginally posted by Wild Mark Quote
The photo composition and style almost suggests the squirrel is stoned ..... nice dreamy shot.
Hey, I have no idea what they grow out in those Woods of Otis.....Revenuers did find a whiskey still out there a couple of years ago and it took me forever to convince them it was the squirrels, not mine. When one of the squirrels offered them a gallon jug of white lightnin' for 100# of roasted peanuts, they finally believed me!

Some cream gravy?

Otis...always so proud of his big nuts!

Regards!
09-27-2015, 06:58 AM   #1494
Veteran Member

A few half decent shots from yesterday.....

Gravy making bokeh

"You get any closer and I'll peck your head!"

Started getting dark on this shot

He said he wanted a shot for his girlfriend and wanted to look handsome...he did!

Great pose....but the speed was too fast and the grain at ISO 1600 spoiled it. Next time!

Finally... a night shot with the Bigma at ISO 12,800. I have lots of animals that come around at night. I usually shoot them with the X10/X20 because they focus fast in total darkness, but last night I got this one with the Bigma using a flashlight to get a focus on him.

For more of my raccoons and such ....I take a few shots most every night. They have been coming around for years and I know them all very well and they know me...so I can get very close with no problem.....and of course, I usually have a few treats for them too!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/129469263@N03/albums/72157652688726548

https://www.flickr.com/photos/35763648@N05/albums/72157626301747051

Raccoons are very smart and so fun to watch! They have hands like ours and can open jars, doors, or do most anything we can do with our hands. They fight with each other a lot, run around and have fun, and area delight to shoot. Currently there are four babies...growing fast...and a Mama and Daddy that often come with them to rob the squirrel feeders or get a free meal when I have leftovers. In the winter I feed them dry dog food to make sure they survive. They eat well around here!

Regards!
09-28-2015, 12:11 AM   #1495

Great shots all,
WildMark, love that Shed

Finally got enough gumption to go out last night and do a little photography, she always said that I was spending too much money on stuff I did not use...
Pentax K5IIs, SkyWatcher ST 102, ISO 100

Cheers

Leon
09-28-2015, 12:39 AM   #1496
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Thank you Bob, Rupert, Mark, Dakight and Leon !

Superb shots Rupert, Mark and Dakight ! Otis needs bigger balls if he wants to take my lens away, I soldered a anvil on it...

Nice moon Leon !
09-28-2015, 08:29 AM   #1497
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
Superb shots Rupert, Mark and Dakight ! Otis needs bigger balls if he wants to take my lens away, I soldered a anvil on it...
Thanks FS!
The next generation is going to be well equipped to steal your lens...anvil and all!

Regards!
09-28-2015, 09:43 AM   #1498
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks FS!
The next generation is going to be well equipped to steal your lens...anvil and all!

Regards!
If squirrels could talk... they wouldn't need to because their thoughts are so perfectly captured by Rupert's pictures.

(Have you ever thought of putting together a children's book with captioned pictures of squirrels? Something like 'Otis' busy, busy day'?

It might look a bit like this oddity https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lonely_Doll.
09-28-2015, 07:20 PM   #1499
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jva59 Quote
(Have you ever thought of putting together a children's book with captioned pictures of squirrels? Something like 'Otis' busy, busy day'?
Yeah, but the problem is squirrels have filthy little mouths and it would take so long to edit it wouldn't be worthwhile. They can barely get a word out without some filth mixed in, it's disgusting, really.

How about a Grackle at ISO 12,800?

ISO 6400

Otis hates Grackle birds with a passion....me too! Nasty and loud, they make a huge mess and then leave it for you to clean up.
Oti shad squirrels out running these off almost as soon as they showed up.

Regards!
09-28-2015, 08:02 PM   #1500
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Yeah, but the problem is squirrels have filthy little mouths and it would take so long to edit it wouldn't be worthwhile. They can barely get a word out without some filth mixed in, it's disgusting, really.

How about a Grackle at ISO 12,800?

ISO 6400

Otis hates Grackle birds with a passion....me too! Nasty and loud, they make a huge mess and then leave it for you to clean up.
Oti shad squirrels out running these off almost as soon as they showed up.

Regards!
You have a point--heavy censorship would be necessary. I took my longest lens (300 mm) to the shore in search of herons--no luck. But there were some swans--I don't quite understand the tag-- and some people enjoying a beautiful evening.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo