Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
09-29-2015, 02:14 AM - 1 Like   #1502
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jva59 Quote
(Have you ever thought of putting together a children's book with captioned pictures of squirrels? Something like 'Otis' busy, busy day'?
Are you crazy ?! Otis will take the last penny out of Rupert in royalties ! Nice shots BTW !

Nice grackels Rupert !

Click on the photos for details...

09-29-2015, 11:59 AM   #1503
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
Are you crazy ?! Otis will take the last penny out of Rupert in royalties ! Nice shots BTW !

Nice grackels Rupert !
Clearly I've been taken in by Otis the deceiver and his pretended innocence! Typically excellent shots, FS.
09-29-2015, 12:58 PM   #1504
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jva59 Quote
Clearly I've been taken in by Otis the deceiver and his pretended innocence! Typically excellent shots, FS.
JVA- Sorry the page turned on your shots...that happens a lot and people seldom go back and look at the previous page...it's a shame. Nice shots, I like the lady and children...gorgeous little girl...kin to you? Yeah, what's up with the duck tag? Maybe Otis tagged him for Thanksgiving dinner?

Otis is a great deceiver and con man .......or con squirrel? He will do most anything to get his way...and does! I asked him to pose a few minutes ago for the guys in the Sigma long lens thread, and he said he was way too busy, but could manage it for 10# of golden roasted shelled peanuts. I had to pass and just shot him "busy at work".

Poor Otis ...so overworked and worn out!

Shots by FS are always excellent....His #1 #4 #8 & #10 are my favs......Someday I'm gonna shoot like FS when I get that Magic Lens in shot #4....I know Otis will eventually find it and bring it to me! I told him to imagine it as a forbidden bird-feeder full of exotic nuts...that should speed up his search!

One I shot this morning...Otis truly despises Grackles....he says the "foul the air". He is right!...and everything under where they perch too!

Regards!

09-29-2015, 02:10 PM   #1505
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
[B]
Great Grackle, Rupert, especially dreamy OOF background! (Writing this, I pictured a character in an old-fashioned British movie, perhaps played by Nigel Bruce, saying 'Great Grackle!' instead of 'Great Scot'). I think it would make a fine interjection.
09-29-2015, 06:22 PM   #1506
Veteran Member

Thanks Jva!

Here is one from this morning Otis wanted posted....

"Looky down there, it's that damn squirrel Otis and he has a BB gun!"

Regards!
09-29-2015, 11:51 PM - 1 Like   #1507
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Tuesday night

Was paying attention to something else and had to scramble to catch the rising Moon:

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
09-30-2015, 12:05 AM   #1508
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thank you jva59 and Rupert !

Someday I'm gonna shoot like FS when I get that Magic Lens in shot #4....I know Otis will eventually find it and bring it to me! I told him to imagine it as a forbidden bird-feeder full of exotic nuts...that should speed up his search!
No chance ! The lens only works like this in my hands :P

Poor Otis ...so overworked and worn out!
He waits the refill

Here is one from this morning Otis wanted posted....
"Hey you fool ! I will pick your head if you don't stop to scream !"
09-30-2015, 09:44 AM   #1509
Veteran Member

No chance ! The lens only works like this in my hands :P
So....make yourself honest, send me that lens and let me see what I can do.....it's not that I don't trust you, I just need verification by Otis.

Otis will be seriously waiting?

ISO 6400 can still get you a shot!

Regards!
10-01-2015, 02:37 AM   #1510
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice shots ! Otis may wait for my lens
10-01-2015, 07:31 AM   #1511
Veteran Member

Nice shots ! Otis may wait for my lens
Thanks FS! Otis notices, through his foreign investigative agency that you are a software developer...I never knew that! Anyhow, Otis is big into software, mostly computer hacking and the art of bank embezzlement.

However, he also has developed some microchips no larger than a pinhead that can be placed on objects such as your car or house keys that will send out a GPS signal for a distance of several thousand miles. They have a sticky back that will adhere to anything but running water, and are not at all noticeable.
Being the kind hearted soul he is, he would like to give you one for free to stick on you Magic Lens just in case it is ever misplaced. He feels certain you won't want to pass up this offer!

A few Whitewing doves from yesterday....

Regards! ...FS, don't pass up that offer from Otis! If you ever lose your Magic Lens I'll be the first one to help you find it!

Otis wanted to add.....unless you are an agile skilled squirrel, you shouldn't go out on a limb by leaving that Magic Lens unprotected with his new microchip!

Last edited by Rupert; 10-01-2015 at 07:53 AM.
10-01-2015, 08:53 PM - 1 Like   #1512
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Full Moon is rated -11 magnitude.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
10-02-2015, 12:06 AM   #1513
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

However, he also has developed some microchips no larger than a pinhead that can be placed on objects such as your car or house keys that will send out a GPS signal for a distance of several thousand miles. They have a sticky back that will adhere to anything but running water, and are not at all noticeable.
Being the kind hearted soul he is, he would like to give you one for free to stick on you Magic Lens just in case it is ever misplaced. He feels certain you won't want to pass up this offer!
All my magic lenses have a gps jammer integrated, so no chance !

Beautiful portraits !
10-02-2015, 06:23 AM   #1514
Veteran Member

Otis won't give up FS.....sooner or later, he will find you and your Magic Lens! Do you have any idea how many squirrels there are in this world?

Sometimes it's worth trying for the shot even at ISO 6400....

ISO 2500 is seldom a real problem

Regards!
10-02-2015, 09:57 AM   #1515
Veteran Member

Update from Otis....he managed to grab one of these nasty loud foul critters this morning and tore off one of his legs...he said it tasted just like chicken!
When he gets the sights lined up on his new BB gun, he's going after the rest of the bird!

The others had better move along or face the consequences!

Regards! Otis said FS is going to be so proud of him!