Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-18-2015, 08:11 AM   #1561
Loyal Site Supporter
Rupert's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 25,002
QuoteOriginally posted by dakight Quote
I just got back from a week of vacation in the great state of Oregon. I see many superb shots here; far to many to compliment individually but from birds to butterflies and squirrels too they are all excellent!
Those are excellent! I particularly liked the first one and all the bridge shots...but all of them were great! Who says the kit lens isn't terrific in the right hands!

I have a son in Oregon...I need to go visit...never been there. Looks like it is as beautiful as he says it is.

I'm only posting this ordinary shot of a young Jay to get him out of here...Otis was about to use him to make some dinner gravy and I wanted to save his life.



I'm sorta tired of birds and squirrels, raccoons and possums......Oregon sounds good to me!

Regards!

10-18-2015, 08:29 AM   #1562
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,104
QuoteOriginally posted by dakight Quote
I just got back from a week of vacation in the great state of Oregon. I see many superb shots here; far to many to compliment individually but from birds to butterflies and squirrels too they are all excellent!


Here are a few samples from the past week.
#1 Cannon Beach, Oregon - Sunset at Haystack Rock



#2 Tillamook, Oregon - The Lighthouse at Cape Meares



#3 Newport, Oregon - Yaquina Bay Bridge



#4 Yachats, Oregon - The Lighthouse at Heceta Head



#5 Yachats, Oregon - Sunset at the Fireside Inn Motel



#6 Florence, Oregon - A carved bench at a Veterans Memorial



#7 Florence, Oregon - The Siuslaw River Bridge



#8 Columbia River Gorge, Oregon - Union Pacific



#9 Columbia River Gorge, Oregon - Multnomah Falls



#10 Columbia River Gorge, Oregon - Latourell Falls



#11 Portland, Oregon - Rain Drenched Flower



#12 Portland, Oregon - Rose Garden



#13 Portland, Oregon - Rose Garden



#14 Portland, Oregon - Rose Garden



#15 Portland, Oregon - Rose Garden


t
K-5IIs, SMC Pentax-DA L 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR
Wow. These are truly terrific. They make me want to book a ticket for Oregon right away.
10-19-2015, 05:50 AM - 1 Like   #1563
Pentaxian
fs999's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Luxembourg
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,743
Nice Jay(s) Rupert !

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
FS...That's some pretty fancy words of description. Around here, me and Otis eat some delicacies ourselves, but leave off the fancy names.....
That meat would be rejected by my squirrels : with the tin can they aim for the head !!!

Nice shots jva59 !

Click on the photos for details...
#1

#2

#3

#4

#5

#6

#7

#8

#9

#10

#11

#12
10-20-2015, 06:40 AM   #1564
Loyal Site Supporter
Rupert's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 25,002
Love those rays in #8.....#9 is very special...so is #12, but all are a joy to view.

The bread looks wonderful, but I'm not so sure about the food, Otis thinks they are some sort of fancy rice cakes?

They are sticking with roasted peanuts for now...


Some warm gravy for your ...rice cakes??? Pretty noisy, but when spread over rice cakes it will still taste great!




Warmed by the sun!


Regards!

10-21-2015, 03:08 AM   #1565
Site Supporter
Ravenspurn's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Boden
Photos: Albums
Posts: 113
Great Photos dakight, especially 2, 5, 9 and 10
FS, exceptional as always, and Rupert, great squirrel

OK, got around to post processing some photographs I took in June.
My other half and her son.







I apologise for the next one, it's taken with a Nikon D7000... But it's possibly the best photo I currently have with regard to composition.


Cheers

Leon
10-21-2015, 04:58 AM   #1566
Site Supporter
dakight's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,178
Lovely intimate portraits, Leon. Nice work.
10-21-2015, 10:20 AM   #1567
Site Supporter
Ravenspurn's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Boden
Photos: Albums
Posts: 113
Thanks dakight
Greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Leon
10-21-2015, 01:39 PM   #1568
Senior Member




Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 292
QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
Nice Jay(s) Rupert !


That meat would be rejected by my squirrels : with the tin can they aim for the head !!!

Nice shots jva59 !

Click on the photos for details...
#1

#2

#3

#4

#5

#6

#7

#8

#9

#10

#11

#12
fs999,

Nice shots. #2, #11, and #12 are my favs.

---------- Post added 10-21-15 at 04:40 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Love those rays in #8.....#9 is very special...so is #12, but all are a joy to view.

The bread looks wonderful, but I'm not so sure about the food, Otis thinks they are some sort of fancy rice cakes?

They are sticking with roasted peanuts for now...


Some warm gravy for your ...rice cakes??? Pretty noisy, but when spread over rice cakes it will still taste great!




Warmed by the sun!


Regards!

I love the rock dove shot!

10-22-2015, 07:04 AM   #1569
Loyal Site Supporter
Rupert's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 25,002
QuoteOriginally posted by Ravenspurn Quote
FS, exceptional as always, and Rupert, great squirrel

OK, got around to post processing some photographs I took in June.
My other half and her son.
Thank you! Hang in there Leon, we are all pulling for you in our thoughts. We are all alone...we are all together. The together is what counts.

QuoteOriginally posted by th1952 Quote
I love the rock dove shot!
Thank you! They are the neatest little birdies!

As I look out this morning, the Woods of Otis are dark and gloomy...rain is coming and so is winter. I hate the winter, the gloom, the cold...the low light on cloudy days. Birdies and squirrels still have to eat, and I feed them even more in cold weather...but get fewer shots. I'll take what I can get.....all the while knowing that sunny days always come back around.

Regards!
10-25-2015, 09:29 AM   #1570
Loyal Site Supporter
Rupert's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 25,002
Still dark rainy and gloomy here.....but that won't stop the squirrels from hunting for tasty peanuts!

Even at ISO 12,800, they can find them!


ISO 8,000 makes it easier to get out of the hull!


Where are you guys? FS? You OK? Hope Otis' guys haven't found you and are torturing you for the location of that Magic Lens?

Regards!
10-26-2015, 02:00 AM   #1571
Pentaxian
fs999's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Luxembourg
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,743
Sorry ! Had a busy week and weekend...

Thank you Rupert, Ravenspurn and th1952 ! (Otis don't recognize a fine Beet and a Truffle Risotto... He isn't a fine gourmet after all )

Nice family shots Ravenspurn ! 40 000 ISO is a lot for flash photos... Couldn't you go down a little bit ?

Superb shots Rupert ! The last Otis (selfie ? ) is wonderful !
10-26-2015, 07:52 AM   #1572
Loyal Site Supporter
Rupert's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 25,002
Thanks FS...Glad the squirrels haven't found you ....yet!

Went out into the dark Woods of Otis for these. It was scary not being in my office behind the glass windows, but I took a chance.

Love birds




It's a jungle out there, thick vines, scary sounds, and little peeking squirrel eyes on your every move. I only stayed a minute......I'm old and slow, not all that smart, but I'm not insane! I've seen how the squirrels can roast a raccoon and when I heard one calling to "bring on the BBQ sauce" I was outta there!

Regards!
10-26-2015, 08:14 AM   #1573
Site Supporter
dakight's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,178
Well, for something a little different, here's a shot I took a few days ago with the 18-55 kit lens.





K-5IIs, SMC Pentax-DA L 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR
10-26-2015, 08:30 AM   #1574
Pentaxian
fs999's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Luxembourg
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,743
Nice fearful doves !

Nice trio dakight !
10-26-2015, 09:42 AM   #1575
Senior Member




Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 292
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Those are excellent! I particularly liked the first one and all the bridge shots...but all of them were great! Who says the kit lens isn't terrific in the right hands!

I have a son in Oregon...I need to go visit...never been there. Looks like it is as beautiful as he says it is.

I'm only posting this ordinary shot of a young Jay to get him out of here...Otis was about to use him to make some dinner gravy and I wanted to save his life.



I'm sorta tired of birds and squirrels, raccoons and possums......Oregon sounds good to me!

Regards!
Rupert,

great shot of that jay. That image really shows off the coloring of that bird.

---------- Post added 10-26-15 at 12:43 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Still dark rainy and gloomy here.....but that won't stop the squirrels from hunting for tasty peanuts!

Even at ISO 12,800, they can find them!


ISO 8,000 makes it easier to get out of the hull!


Where are you guys? FS? You OK? Hope Otis' guys haven't found you and are torturing you for the location of that Magic Lens?

Regards!
Wow, that first shot is amazing for ISO 12, 800
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
alley, camera, crop, dslr, favorites, flickr, harbor, iso, james, k-5, k-5 ii, k-5 iis, k5, macro, mass, park, pentax k-5, pole, shots, squirrel, squirrels, vienna, williams
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Post your Sony RX100 Pictures Here twitch Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 405 08-20-2017 02:37 PM
Thematic Infrared Photography - Post your "invisible world" pictures here photocanadian Mini-Challenges, Games, and Photo Stories 21 09-13-2016 07:55 AM
Thematic Scooter World-Post your pictures of scooters or people with scooters here! bbluesman Mini-Challenges, Games, and Photo Stories 120 04-22-2011 07:28 AM
Who can post pictures in the post your pictures category? Sitting Bull Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 3 12-14-2010 05:41 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:19 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top