Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-11-2015, 01:53 AM   #1606
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Nice shots Rupert and Hattifnatt !

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I would love to have better light to where I could shoot down around ISO 400, but it is rare with all the trees.
You should introduce some beavers in that squirrel haunted wood

11-11-2015, 02:18 AM   #1607

Photos: Albums
Great images Hatti.
Love the rose.

Rupert, We love your long zoom shots

FS, thanks, I found a company in Germany who has a few in stock, and €350 cheaper to boot.
I have a few things to think about, I am wanting a large Aperture wide angle for Astrophotography.

Cheers

Leon
11-11-2015, 07:22 AM   #1608
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
Thanks FS!

You should introduce some beavers in that squirrel haunted wood
You know, that's not a half bad idea....beats working my butt off with a chain saw!

QuoteOriginally posted by Ravenspurn Quote
Rupert, We love your long zoom shots
Thank you Leon.....they get kind of boring, but being the big dumb guy Otis claims I am, I just keep doing it!

It's 8:15 am here and I am about to feed the birds/squirrels and prepare for a Safari Hunt. Here's how I do it...in case you are interested, which you probably aren't.....

First I put out the feed, and hide some peanuts in tight crevices so squirrels will feel like they have discovered a secret stash to rob. Then I put on my Safari vest, a pair of heavy leather "snake boots" and prep my K5IIs and Bigma for the shoot. Then I sit back at my desk, wait for the action while sipping black coffee to get my blood stirring and my eyes open wide. With any luck, I'll have a shot or two within the next 30-40 minutes! Won't be anything spectacular, I don't seem to be able to do "spectacular", but it will be something?
When all done, I'll take off my vest and dump the heavy boots, get back to paying bills and say thanks for another safe hunt!

Regards!

Wow! That was fast....I didn't even get set up good and there he was up over the fence and looking for the peanuts! He looks like he didn't even take time to wash his dirty face this morning?

He found the peanuts in a hurry......had a hard time deciding on whether to bury them or eat them now? He buried about half and ate about half.....

Boots off, vest off...another successful hunt for the old Safari Hunter! Back to paying bills....I see Mrs Rupert has been shopping at Macys again.....must have bought some nice stuff from the looks of this bill?

Regards again!

Last edited by Rupert; 11-11-2015 at 08:04 AM. Reason: Add
11-11-2015, 10:59 AM   #1609
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great images Hatti.
Love the rose.
Thank you both.

11-11-2015, 12:13 PM   #1610
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Hattifnatt Quote
Thank you both.
You are most welcome! Just keep posting here, we need new shots, I'm getting tired of the squirrels and birds.....

Otis wanted to apologize for the squirrel earlier with the dirty face...he was severely reprimanded.

No matter what you shoot...it makes a huge difference if you can get some decent light! That is usually my biggest obstacle.
Color is better, focus faster and better........Otis is more handsome!

Regards!
11-12-2015, 09:26 AM - 1 Like   #1611
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have a few things to think about, I am wanting a large Aperture wide angle for Astrophotography.
You can't have larger wide angle than 18mm at F1.8 ! + it is incredibly sharp !

Nice hunting story and superb trophies

Click on the photos for details...

11-12-2015, 12:24 PM   #1612
Veteran Member

Favs ----#2-7-11-12-....damn it! All of them! Before I go any further and forget....I hate those dam Otis reprimands.....

Mrs Rupert and our oldest grandson went to the movies Sat night and saw some movie that is currently very popular about a world famous chef that apparently has reached the pinnacle of success in that field. They were telling me about it, (though I wasn't much interested in anything other than Chicken Fried Steaks), and about how much effort goes into those tiny "minimalist" meals like you post.
I was telling her about your shots, and will make a point to show her, she will be impressed.

After those shots I feel unworthy to post, but feeling unworthy has never held me back from much of anything!

The obligatory early morning dove...I like the bokeh!

Should you guys ever need to do a search for "Gluttonous Pig"...I can save you some time......they are now loading up peanuts two at a time....

I found a requisition in my In-Box today from Otis for a dozen small wheelbarrows......I guess two at a time is not sufficient?

Regards!

11-13-2015, 02:35 AM   #1613
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thank you Rupert !

Superb dove, so elegant !
They are hungry those beasts !
11-13-2015, 10:26 AM   #1614
Veteran Member

Superb dove, so elegant !
They are hungry those beasts !
Thanks FS!

Today is Friday the 13th......you guys be careful out there!

Lucky day for this little girly!

Regards!

Note: I shot this without my Safari Vest on, so it isn't top notch, but I'm posting it anyhow!
11-14-2015, 03:18 PM   #1615
Veteran Member

FS....I showed Mrs Rupert your Flickr food gallery and she was impressed. She asked...do you prepare those fancy meals? She loved the quality of your work, but had little interest in the food...she's more or less a meat and potatoes girl. I'll try most anything and some of that looks very interesting to me! My only firm condition is is must be dead or moving slow......

This little guy just wants to hang on to his sunflower seeds...he kept hollering out...."These are mine!"

Regards!
11-16-2015, 01:22 AM   #1616
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thank you to misses Rupert ! There is only one thing I eat which is not dead : oysters

Superb shots !
Your safari vest is only needed so that squirrels don't laugh at you
11-16-2015, 11:25 AM   #1617
Veteran Member

Thank you to misses Rupert ! There is only one thing I eat which is not dead : oysters

Superb shots !
Your safari vest is only needed so that squirrels don't laugh at you
You're welcome! I love fried oysters or those smoked oysters in a tin.

Squirrels laugh at me no matter what.....I think it is just part of their routine around here?

Some sad news this morning....my computer blinked on and off a few times then everything went black...lights and all. I went outside and it appears that a squirrel sacrificed himself on the transformer to shut down the power and help decrease global warming. He was at the base of the power pole, and I didn't check his pulse since he was still smoking and surrounded by sweet potatoes and covered in squirrel gravy......a good sign he didn't make it.

Regards!
11-17-2015, 05:52 AM   #1618
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Otis would say "One that you will not miss"
11-17-2015, 09:11 AM   #1619
Veteran Member

Otis would say "One that you will not miss"
Yep...More peanuts for the others!

Regards!
11-20-2015, 01:15 AM   #1620
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

One question : Are they eating the whole peanut or only the nuts inside ?