Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-27-2015, 02:27 PM   #1741
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Got a little better ... a little more light and the rain stopped. Still, they are not the best in detail or focus......maybe I am blurry eyed after all the holiday activity?

All puffed up in the cold air.....

Bokeh still works even in the cold!

I'm worried about FS? What if Otis ran him off? I tried to tell Otis that FS was just kidding him, but he didn't listen to me and insisted that FS apologize. Otis now claims that he will buy a new FF camera and a "Magic Lens" like FS owns and replace him here if FS quits us. He says he is not as good as FS, but even better.......

Please FS! Come home to us, we Do Not want Otis posting in this fine thread!

Regards!

12-28-2015, 01:21 AM - 1 Like   #1742
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Nice shots Dakight !

Thank you Jva59 !

QuoteOriginally posted by Toni60 Quote
I like a lot your wonderful photos, what kind of lens produce this beatiful bokeh. I am curious about your technique. Sorry but I am not an expert.My congratulations.
Thank you Toni60 ! If you click on the photos you can see in the description what lens produced that bokeh. I always underexpose 1Ev and bring back shadows + Topaz Clarity.
Nice shots !

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Excellent shots.....#3-4-5-11 are my favs...but I do love those little birdie shots too....Otis asks...."Reckon that little birdie is smarter than FS?"
Thank you Rupert and Otis ! Yes surly it is Superb shots ! All of them ! Must find a stamp !

Thank you Ravenspurn !

I'm worried about FS? What if Otis ran him off? I tried to tell Otis that FS was just kidding him, but he didn't listen to me and insisted that FS apologize. Otis now claims that he will buy a new FF camera and a "Magic Lens" like FS owns and replace him here if FS quits us. He says he is not as good as FS, but even better.......

Please FS! Come home to us, we Do Not want Otis posting in this fine thread!

Regards!
Otis needs a brain ablation to replace me

Click on the photos for details...

12-28-2015, 04:45 AM   #1743
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Rupert, really nice dove.
I know what you mean about looking forward to spring, last week has been 0F (-19C)
Too cold for the brilliant Weather sealed K5 IIs, took it over the weekend whilst out with the dogs, took it out of the backpack to take an image... left it on from the last image, and nada.
It killed the battery within 20 minutes, but brought it home, charged it, no issues. so maybe I need to invest in a Mylar insulated backpack.

Considering they are predicting -40F this winter, there is a possibility that I will not be taking landscapes or Astro any time soon.

FS, love the canal, you feel as if you are there.
But as always, fantastic images.

Cheers

Leon
12-29-2015, 02:03 AM   #1744
Pentaxian

Thank you Leon ! That's cold ! Actually we have 39F (4C). Over the last weeks we had up to 59F (15C)...

12-29-2015, 04:30 AM   #1745
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
Thank you Leon ! That's cold ! Actually we have 39F (4C). Over the last weeks we had up to 59F (15C)...
Much milder
Though there is absolutely nothing to compare to a crisp winter day at -25C where you can see for miles, and hear a pine needle drop 2 kms away, it's a little too cold for nature photography, especially since I have to take the dogs with me wherever I go for the time being.

Cheers

Leon
12-29-2015, 08:02 PM   #1746
Loyal Site Supporter

It would take a long time...Otis has a giant brain...he says!

Those are superb FS......#5 are stunningly beautiful! Yes to the canal shot...excellent! I don't think Otis can do better than any of those?

QuoteOriginally posted by Ravenspurn Quote
Rupert, really nice dove.
The dove is mediocre Leon, at best.....but we got some snow and I had a few moments of perfect light where I actually got some decent Bigma shots.

It was 80F on Christmas day, but 30F and snow on Monday morning...that is how the weather is in this part of Texas...very unpredictable. Snow is a rare event here, for certain.

Otis was shocked! "What the hell is this stuff?"

He wanted new gloves for his cold little pinkies...

It was certainly winter looking!

The doves were all fluffed up on the Cheater Branch in the cold wind.

This one was more confused than Otis!

Best Regards and Happy New Year to all my friends here in my favorite thread! Let's make 2016 a great year together!
12-30-2015, 02:23 AM   #1747
Pentaxian

Thank you Rupert ! (you forgot Otis' stamp )

Superb frosty shots ! I love them all !

Happy New Year to all here and have a warm new year's eve dinner !
12-31-2015, 07:52 AM   #1748
Loyal Site Supporter

Superb frosty shots ! I love them all !
Thank you! It was lovely light that morning!

(you forgot Otis' stamp )
Let's be clear here....I did NOT forget the Otis Stamp.......that could get me in serious trouble with Otis. It was yet another case of where his damn squirrel buddies ate all the peanut flavored stamp pad ink.
I redesigned the stamp, with Otis' help, and added Cayenne Pepper ink. Hopefully this will burn their little hinies if they eat the ink again!

Here you go! You earned it!
Name:  FS STAMP-A.jpg
Views: 2314
Size:  66.4 KB

Best Regards & Happy New Year to all here in this fine thread!

12-31-2015, 09:29 AM   #1749
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice shots Dakight !

Thank you Jva59 !

Thank you Toni60 ! If you click on the photos you can see in the description what lens produced that bokeh. I always underexpose 1Ev and bring back shadows + Topaz Clarity.
Nice shots !

Thank you Rupert and Otis ! Yes surly it is Superb shots ! All of them ! Must find a stamp !

Thank you Ravenspurn !

Click on the photos for details...

Another fine set, FS!

---------- Post added 12-31-15 at 11:33 AM ----------

It would take a long time...Otis has a giant brain...he says!

Those are superb FS......#5 are stunningly beautiful! Yes to the canal shot...excellent! I don't think Otis can do better than any of those?

The dove is mediocre Leon, at best.....but we got some snow and I had a few moments of perfect light where I actually got some decent Bigma shots.

It was 80F on Christmas day, but 30F and snow on Monday morning...that is how the weather is in this part of Texas...very unpredictable. Snow is a rare event here, for certain.

Otis was shocked! "What the hell is this stuff?"

He wanted new gloves for his cold little pinkies...

It was certainly winter looking!

The doves were all fluffed up on the Cheater Branch in the cold wind.

This one was more confused than Otis!

Best Regards and Happy New Year to all my friends here in my favorite thread! Let's make 2016 a great year together!
I agree: eloquent frosty (eloquently frosty) shots, Rupert! I had hoped to post a few shots taken during my holiday visit to Rhode Island, but my principal computer, the one with the good screen & photo shop, has been acting up and is now in the shop. I hope it can be mended without costing too much.
With all best wishes for the New Year to everyone,

JVA
12-31-2015, 02:57 PM   #1750
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jva59 Quote
I agree: eloquent frosty (eloquently frosty) shots, Rupert!
Thank you! I loved the light that morning! We rarely get any snow, and it made great light! Good luck on your computer and a very Happy New Year to you! I look forward to being with all you guys/girls in 2016!

Regards!

....someone give Otis a compliment on his new "FS Stamp"....it was mostly his design. We don't want his little head to shrink and damage his "Big Brain"!
01-01-2016, 11:50 AM   #1751
Loyal Site Supporter

I beat you guys! Otis says you were going to try to post the first squirrel in 2016, but I got to it first! Hopefully there will be many more to come in the new year....I know you guys can hardly wait....according to Otis!

Henry Squirrel...he got the first peanut of 2016!

Regards!
01-01-2016, 03:51 PM   #1752
Loyal Site Supporter

That Otis! What a guy! Here it is New Years day and he is thinking of others instead of himself. He says as you guys are preparing a nice meal for New Years you may need some rich delicious gravy...so he asked me to shoot you some....and I did!

Thank Otis, a thoughtful and caring squirrel...unless you happen to be a winged creature!

\\

Happy New Year!
01-02-2016, 10:18 AM   #1753
Loyal Site Supporter

Peanut mining...it's hard work, but someone has to do it!

Regards!
01-03-2016, 02:22 PM   #1754
Loyal Site Supporter

If you guys don't show up soon, this is going to be renamed the "Rupert K5IIs Thread".

Otis' first appearance of 2016....he would have showed up earlier but he had a giant hangover from the big New Years Eve party he held in the Woods of Otis.

Heading out on the Cheater Branch...

To survey his vast Otis Kingdom

I guess he likes what he sees?

Regards!

Here is a rare event here.....a chance to use the Bigma at F8 1/400 ISO 800!

Last edited by Rupert; 01-03-2016 at 02:34 PM.
01-04-2016, 01:57 AM   #1755
Pentaxian

Thank you Otis, Rupert and Jva59 !

Nice gravy doves and jay !

I'm impressed that the cheater branch still holds Otis after his New Year Eve dinner