Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-09-2016, 12:46 PM   #1771
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Hattifnatt Quote
My favorite subjects for shooting are bland everyday landscapes, either in the morning or at sunset. I pretty much don't like tourist attractions and spectacular landscapes but instead I tend to go for the simple stuff, like the picture below (DA15 Ltd on a K5IIs):

If I can get something like this I'm happy. If not, I pretty much shoot everything I can find, street photography, flowers, girls and even tried some nudes.
Nicely done. Great contrast of colors from the sky.

01-09-2016, 02:33 PM   #1772
Loyal Site Supporter

The 6th one is my favorite. Very nice shots.

Couple from my new home in Norway:

Really liked these Hattifnatt (I've always wanted to visit Norway), and echo your sentiments about the photos of FS that you praise--I particularly liked the roofs of the church. My computer was out of commission, but now back and as good as new. A few shots from the Christmas holidays in Rhode Island, where it was preternaturally warm, architecture, landscape and a nephew and niece.

---------- Post added 01-09-16 at 04:35 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Otis reminds...it's winter and flu season.....you guys be sure to get plenty of vitamin C for your immune system.

Regards!
Excellent Otis shot, Rupert! Wish I'd taken his advice. Opportunity to post some photos due in part to moderately nasty cold.
01-09-2016, 02:40 PM   #1773
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kengoh Quote
K5-IIs + DA*300
Lovely creature, Kengoh!
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
01-09-2016, 03:35 PM   #1774
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by PhotoHeron Quote
Nicely done. Great contrast of colors from the sky.
QuoteOriginally posted by jva59 Quote
Really liked these Hattifnatt (I've always wanted to visit Norway), and echo your sentiments about the photos of FS that you praise--I particularly liked the roofs of the church.
Thank you both.

01-09-2016, 09:18 PM   #1775
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Some wonderful shots Hattifnatt, that is gorgeous scenery and you did very well at capturing the beauty.
My youngest son was attached (US Army) to the top NATO Generals for 8 years and spent a lot of time in Norway..it was his favorite place in all of Europe. The beauty is breathtaking .

JVA ---I enjoyed those fine shots as well.

I only got one half decent shot today...I was busy with other stuff that got in my way. Wouldn't you know it..another damn dove!

They fluff up in the cold, and it was cold today....40F. Way to cold for my old bones!

Regards!

...forgot to add, he'd make some fine brown gravy for Otis!
01-11-2016, 02:30 AM - 1 Like   #1776
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Thank you Hattifnaff ! Superb shots, all !

Nice shots jva !

Superb dove Rupert !

Click on the photos for details...

01-11-2016, 03:41 AM   #1777
Site Supporter

Some wonderful shots Hattifnatt, that is gorgeous scenery and you did very well at capturing the beauty.
Thank you.

My youngest son was attached (US Army) to the top NATO Generals for 8 years and spent a lot of time in Norway..it was his favorite place in all of Europe. The beauty is breathtaking .
Yes Norway is amazing. Too bad I'm here for work and I don't have so much time to move around and take photos. I'll try to do my best with the time I have, though.
01-11-2016, 11:03 AM   #1778
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
Click on the photos for details...
All superb.....#2 & #4 hit my hot spot. Gorgeous! Otis misses the little yellow birdie??

You got it! Be sure you are saving these Otis Approvals!

Yes Norway is amazing. Too bad I'm here for work and I don't have so much time to move around and take photos. I'll try to do my best with the time I have, though.
Take as many shots as you can for us!

Slow shooting here....been busy with junk stuff, you know how it is!

Got a little "Head-Pecker", as Otis calls them, this morning.

Regards!

01-13-2016, 01:50 AM   #1779
Pentaxian

Thank you Rupert and Otis !

Nice little pecker !
01-13-2016, 07:28 AM   #1780
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
Nice little pecker !
Thanks FS! ...and you are welcome, those were great shots!

Otis has a complaint about your appearances here...he says you just come and go as you please, without regard for anyone that might be looking for you or your posts.

Expect a PM from him that will outline a schedule for your appearances. He says he is going to be acting as sort of your Public Relations Mgr.....and when he tells you to jump....you jump!

I tried to tell him it doesn't work that way, you are not one of his Army Squirrels, but he insists that you will do what you are told if you want to get ahead in this world. He said with your talent and skills there is no reason for you to be hungry and dressed in rags....where he got that idea, I have no clue?

Regards!
01-13-2016, 11:18 AM   #1781
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Apologies that I have not been around much lately, have been having some personal issues, work issues.
Also had a property to shoot for a friend that's selling it... lots (really lots) of photoshop work to compose the images and get the lighting right, does not help that I only have 3 hours of proper "daylight" to work with atm.
Really wish the K5 IIs could allow for exposure bracketing in RAW only real complaint so far, but I am sure Pentax can fix this with an update, that being said, changing the aperture, and using the remote is not really an issue

Great shots all, too many to mention, I'll just say Keep up the good work!!

Cheers

Leon
01-13-2016, 11:24 AM   #1782
Site Supporter

A couple from this week using the K-5IIs and the Tamron 90mm f2.8 Macro

01-13-2016, 05:38 PM   #1783
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dakight Quote
A couple from this week using the K-5IIs and the Tamron 90mm f2.8 Macro
Very nice! That is a nice lens too!

The good life...plenty to eat, a big warm treetop penthouse, women galore knocking at the door....cold beer in the hot months.....
We could have been squirrels, wouldn't it be fun...excepting those raptors and wild cats ruining your day.

FS- Otis is still working on that new schedule for you to appear here. I hope it suits you.

Regards!
01-14-2016, 04:39 AM   #1784
Site Supporter

Hi all,

Finally took a break from Photoshop, need to go for a refresher course, been a long time since I have played around with layer masks.
Will see if there is anything decent on Udemy.

Nice images of Otis Squirrel and not sure how woodpecker gravy is, but it's a great shot, love the puffed up dove.
Love the urn / vase dakight, Native American pottery is wonderful (as is the shot).
Jva, love the library pic.
FS, love the walnut (focus shifting?) , and the cathedral is amazing.
Hattifnatt, great shots, the 3rd pic of the path / road is great.

Cheers

Leon
01-14-2016, 06:02 AM   #1785
Pentaxian

He said with your talent and skills there is no reason for you to be hungry and dressed in rags....where he got that idea, I have no clue?
Perhaps my hat...

QuoteOriginally posted by Ravenspurn Quote
Really wish the K5 IIs could allow for exposure bracketing in RAW
It does ! I use it for my DRI shots ! I have programmed the Fx button to show the bracketing menu !

FS- Otis is still working on that new schedule for you to appear here. I hope it suits you.
I will retire before his schedule will be applied
Nice shot !

QuoteOriginally posted by Ravenspurn Quote
FS, love the walnut (focus shifting?) , and the cathedral is amazing.
Thank you ! No old projector lens (Heidosmat 2.8/85mm MC on my Novoflex bellows)