Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-26-2016, 03:29 PM   #2011
Loyal Site Supporter

Echoing Rupert and fS, nice one, Kengoh. It's good that help is on the way in the form of the K 1, Rupert.

04-27-2016, 12:19 AM - 1 Like   #2012
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Click on the photos for details...

04-30-2016, 12:15 PM   #2013
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
#3 is my favorite......Bacon!!!! You know I don't like moon shots....but # 5 is actually a delight!

BTW- Otis loves bacon too!

Not much here......the usual...mandatory dove.

Squirrel trying to eat enough to explode...he is getting close.

Regards!
04-30-2016, 04:37 PM   #2014
Loyal Site Supporter

Here are some Otis gravy rejects...just too grainy for cream gravy, but they might make decent salsa?

Otis says this one would be creamy enough if you add a little pepper for country style gravy.

Regards! .....Otis requests more bacon shots!

04-30-2016, 04:43 PM   #2015
Pentaxian

Such pretty photos in here. I'll post some from my new to me k5iis soon. It probably won't be this weekend though. It's crazy around here.
05-01-2016, 06:49 AM - 1 Like   #2016
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by TinaS Quote
Such pretty photos in here. I'll post some from my new to me k5iis soon. It probably won't be this weekend though. It's crazy around here.
By all means Tina...Join us over here with your new K5IIs. This is a nice thread and we need more participation. You will like it here, Otis says it is one of his favorite places!

Regards!
05-01-2016, 10:09 AM - 1 Like   #2017
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by TinaS Quote
Echoing & seconding Rupert's reply; I look forward to seeing your shots with the K 5 II S. You're in for a treat; it's a terrific camera.
05-01-2016, 11:09 AM   #2018
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jva59 Quote
Echoing & seconding Rupert's reply; I look forward to seeing your shots with the K 5 II S. You're in for a treat; it's a terrific camera.
I talked Tina into the K5IIs so you guys have to make sure she is not disappointed. If she needs any help, we need to be there to help her or Otis says he will "kick my butt!".

Regards!

05-01-2016, 11:53 AM   #2019
Pentaxian

Thanks guys! I've been happy so far playing around. On to serious business now. I'm on my way to do a senior picture shoot. It was scheduled for yesterday, but we rescheduled because we had some mean storms in our area this weekend. I can't wait to put her to the real test!

I tried to upload some pictures this weekend, but between our power being out and my cell not being able to keep reception very long, it just wasn't happening. I'm itching to post some pictures now!
05-01-2016, 01:37 PM - 1 Like   #2020
Loyal Site Supporter

A message from Otis Squirrel......Go ahead Otis.....

Ladies and gentlemen, friends, guests and loyal K5IIs shooters, we are gathered here this evening to honor one of our own with the highest of high awards in the vast Squirrel Kingdom.
This is for a man that has one of the first new K1 cameras and is a world acclaimed superb Pro shooter. He could have posted anything in new the K1 Photo Thread.......a dog, a cat, a bird, a bloom, a landscape, architecture, people, food, even naked girls. Yet with all his talent and skills, his wide ranging experience and dedication to excellence, he chose to post the first K1 squirrel in the K1 thread. This brings great honor to squirrels worldwide and strengthens their place in the photo world.

With my most sincere gratitude I bestow this high honor on FS999 and pronounce him a genuine Citizen Squirrel.

You may now step up and shake his hand.....Champagne and pecan cookies will be served at 6pm in the Squirrel Lounge.

Regards
Otis Squirrel
05-01-2016, 02:10 PM   #2021
Pentaxian

Welcome Tina !

Thank you Rupert ! Superb shots ! The doves are delicious

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
#3 is my favorite......Bacon!!!!
Smoked and dried as we love here in Luxembourg

With my most sincere gratitude I bestow this high honor on FS999 and pronounce him a genuine Citizen Squirrel.
This too much honor Otis ! Thank you very much ! Can I have some peanuts ? Oh no, OK, sorry for that stupid question !
05-01-2016, 02:22 PM   #2022
Pentaxian

Thank you fs999! Congratulations on your new k1 and the awesome Citizen Squirrel Award!
05-01-2016, 05:15 PM   #2023
Loyal Site Supporter

Otis says this one will make excellent gravy for a big ham or pork roast.

BBQ gravy?

Regards!
05-01-2016, 05:49 PM   #2024
Loyal Site Supporter

Otis says this one will make excellent gravy for a big ham or pork roast.

BBQ gravy?

Regards!
Great birds, Rupert! Hope to get out with my K 5 IIS soon, to remind myself of how great the camera I already have is. I won't be able to afford a K-1 for a few months.
05-01-2016, 06:17 PM   #2025
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jva59 Quote
Great birds, Rupert! Hope to get out with my K 5 IIS soon, to remind myself of how great the camera I already have is. I won't be able to afford a K-1 for a few months.
JVA- Thanks! I'm going to say this in confidence and hope no one else reads it. I am perfectly satisfied with my K5IIs and need the K1 like I need a Lamborghini....which is not much. You know what happened to my camera, the camera I love. I had to make a decision and Mrs Rupert pushed me toward the K1.
If a person can't do fine work with the K5IIs then the K1 will not make much if any difference. I'm pretty sure I will be living proof of that. Unless we are printing poster sized prints, I don't think the K1 will show much difference in what we see at normal internet posting sizes. Go look at the photos posted in the K1 Photo thread and imagine they were postings made by the K5IIs...it won't be hard to imagine, they don't appear any better at internet sizes, do they?

So...what I am saying is that even broken, my K5 is still a joy when I do get a half decent shot. If it was all I had and never had the K1 my joy would not be diminished one iota if it was fully functional.

There is always the hype on a new camera, and most of us fall under the spell........but the reality is still there that what we already have is usually better than we are.

Yes, get out and shoot, post here and enjoy a great camera you have in your hands now! Otis will not tolerate considering the K5IIs as a stepchild!

Best Regards!