Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2772 Likes Search this Thread
04-30-2015, 04:55 AM   #886
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
FS...he showed up over in the Lounge...I think he's there for the free booze and fat cigars?

Regards & Thanks!

While I am here.....I run some through PhotoShop Pro using only their "Clarify" action after processing.Do you think it is better or worse?

After "clarify" action ....

I like the first one better; the bokeh is cleaner and smoother. If you could selectively sharpen the foreground without altering the background it might be really nice.

04-30-2015, 05:55 AM - 3 Likes   #887
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
Worse. I prefere the first one.
QuoteOriginally posted by th1952 Quote
I prefer the first one.
Thanks guys, I prefer the first one too, but wanted your opinions. Sometimes "clarify" can help a marginal shot with haze, but it clearly didn't in this case.....I think it made it look harsh?

Another little birdie to irritate Otis.......he said if I keep posting these he is going to burn my house down, so I may have to just stick with handsome squirrels for a while?

Regards!
04-30-2015, 10:58 AM   #888
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
To calm down Otis, I will post here, in the next days, some undressed female squirrels...

Nice shot !
04-30-2015, 11:07 AM - 2 Likes   #889
Veteran Member

Thanks FS! Otis will be watching closely for your post of naked squirrels...he did add..post females!

Here is one Otis liked of just a plain old "ordinary" squirrel that he says beats any plain old "ordinary" bird.

The only thing not ordinary is that is was shot at ISO 6400.

Regards!

04-30-2015, 01:11 PM   #890

You have a wonderful array of Birds
And a fantastic array of Squirrels, Sorry Otis!!

Decided to test the FA 70-200 f4-5.6 I picked up from Japan for $20...
After getting the M42 to K mount adapter stuck in the K5, I decided it was time to try to find some other lenses
Turned out really nice
Decided to snap our Brown Poodle after Knocking over the Vase with the DA 18-55 to see the difference.

Cheers

Leon

Last edited by Ravenspurn; 05-01-2015 at 12:56 AM. Reason: url broken
04-30-2015, 02:33 PM   #891
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
To calm down Otis, I will post here, in the next days, some undressed female squirrels...

Nice shot !
I'd post some lady squirrel pics here aslo, but the lads and ladies that hang around my house are skinny grey and skimpy looking black ones. All the nice, plump brown ones hang out in the park.
If I find one that has a good figure, I'll try and take a snap or two.
05-01-2015, 05:34 AM   #892
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ravenspurn Quote
You have a wonderful array of Birds
And a fantastic array of Squirrels, Sorry Otis!!
That's a mighty fine doggie portrait! Yes, I have birds and squirrels galore around here. The Woods of Otis are a regular sanctuary for them, and food abounds year around......at quite an expense, but well worth it!

I'd post some lady squirrel pics here aslo, but the lads and ladies that hang around my house are skinny grey and skimpy looking black ones.
Otis is not particular, he likes them fat or skinny, black or white..... or anything in between! If you can spot any girly squirrels, get a shot and post them!

You guys don't forget, the Big Squirrel Frenzy is coming near the end of May. Get squirrel shots and save them, we need all we can get!

Regards!

05-02-2015, 11:52 AM - 3 Likes   #893
Veteran Member

For those "Squirrel Haters"......Otis reminds you, it's not easy being a squirrel. You can only eat for so long until you have to take a break and rest up to eat again.

It was so dark up high in that tree that I couldn't see him to focus, took about 5 snaps and one turned out decent. Otis could have moved to a brighter area, but he said he was too busy "resting".

Regards!
05-02-2015, 12:28 PM   #894
Pentaxian

For those "Squirrel Haters"......Otis reminds you, it's not easy being a squirrel. You can only eat for so long until you have to take a break and rest up to eat again.

It was so dark up high in that tree that I couldn't see him to focus, took about 5 snaps and one turned out decent. Otis could have moved to a brighter area, but he said he was too busy "resting".

Regards!
Must have had a rough day.
05-02-2015, 01:38 PM - 1 Like   #895
Veteran Member

Must have had a rough day.
To hear Otis tell it, every day is a rough day . Keeping birdies away from the feed is a hard job, even for his Army of Squirrels.

This one was on the fence for only seconds before a squirrel ran him off. I barely had time to snap.

Ever since a Woody got Otis on the head when he was just a little guy, he has hated them with a passion. This one didn't stick around long today. I was lucky to get one shot!

Regards!

Last edited by Rupert; 05-02-2015 at 03:16 PM.
05-03-2015, 12:52 AM   #896

It's tough being a guard squirrel

Thanks for the comment Rupert, much appreciated.

Cheers

/Leon
05-03-2015, 03:19 AM - 2 Likes   #897
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Superb shots Rupert !

Click on the photos for details...

05-03-2015, 08:51 AM   #898
bvg
Veteran Member

And what about the harem?
05-03-2015, 10:44 AM   #899
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bvg Quote
And what about the harem?
Yeah, no telling how much energy Otis uses up on several hundred "needy" girly squirrels. It's a wonder he can even climb up in a tree!

FS....Of course, all your shots are amazing, but that first one is a little out of your ordinary postings...and it is fantastic! I love the shot and the processing, a real winner for my eyes.
Otis loved it too, but for different reasons, he said..."Look at all those trees, and I bet they are full of big juicy nuts!"

Do squirrels get in fights? Yes they do, all the time. As Otis was relaxing on that limb, a rival snuck up on him and tried to slit his little throat. The assassin should have been more aware of the bodyguards of the Army of Otis that were above, below and all around Otis. May the poor assassin R.I.P as Otis looks down on his lifeless body, soon to be meat for vultures. It's not wise to mess with Otis! Heck, I once pointed a BB gun at Otis just for fum...it wasn't even loaded, and about 400 angry squirrels were heading my direction and ready to do me in.....I won't ever make that mistake again!

Don't worry, it was only a slight superficial wound, and his girly squirrels will spend the next few days making him plenty comfortable as he heals.

Otis bleeds...so I guess he is " only human" after all!

Regards!
05-04-2015, 04:57 AM   #900
Veteran Member

as well as all the images in my flickr (link in my signature ^^)